Is France about to go red?

Had an email from BF saying two of my crossings are cancelled out of Plymouth. Armorique pulled away from Plymouth again! This is explained as "until 31st October."  Hang on, Plymouth shuts down then through the winter. Nearly fooled me that one!

Better look at things again. Covid tracker.fr really warming up with more and more cases. Will France go RED?

I've looked at every possible "what if " and the heavy costs  attached to of all this and realised I'm wasting my time and need to get a life.

46 minutes ago, straightfeed said:

Will France go RED

I doubt it unless the UK government are unable to analyse the situation correctly.

Covidtracker, as you say, gives an alarming picture if you look at case numbers alone (23,000+ on average per day) but a glance at the map shows where they are located. 

Ok, almost all the departments are above the official alert threshold, but the real problems are in the south and overseas territories.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://covidtracker.fr/&ved=2ahUKEwi688K87bnyAhVizoUKHRwNDmwQFnoECAkQAg&usg=AOvVaw3mO_zM8I7NR0AfOVaCzVjQ

The real test will be in two weeks time when the students get back. We'll see how many are vaccinated and whether their partying antics lead to a repetition of least year's problems.

Ed

Well it depends if they are analysing case numbers (only a problem if people bring those cases back to the UK), hospital saturation (it's hardly a problem for the UK if Marseille has no free ICU beds) or overall deaths in France (again, not exactly a problem for the UK system).

Ed

3 hours ago, straightfeed said:

Had an email from BF saying two of my crossings are cancelled out of Plymouth. Armorique pulled away from Plymouth again! This is explained as "until 31st October."  Hang on, Plymouth shuts down then through the winter. Nearly fooled me that one!

Better look at things again. Covid tracker.fr really warming up with more and more cases. Will France go RED?

I've looked at every possible "what if " and the heavy costs  attached to of all this and realised I'm wasting my time and need to get a life.

PA goes to Roscoff twice a week, almost empty. Why not jump on one of those?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s rather amusing to see Parliament full today, with most MPs without masks, cheering, booing, shouting etc - all next to each other in close contact, with no care in the world about “catching covid” 

yet, I cannot go to a property in France, in the middle of the countryside where at best I might wave to the farmer as he passes by with his tractor as I am “at risk” of catching or passing covid according to the same government… 

At what stage will the Penny drop… (actually lots of pennies to pay for all these tests)

Just thought I make a rant - feel better now 

112B5E56-0458-47A4-AF41-1EFE3618112B.jpeg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, PGTV said:

yet, I cannot go to a property in France, in the middle of the countryside where at best I might wave to the farmer as he passes by with his tractor as I am “at risk” of catching or passing covid according to the same government… 

Couldn't agree with you more, sounds just like our place in Brittany. However when we wave at pilots who fly over in their Rafale F3-R's and Super Entendard's from Ladivisiau we're no sure if they wave back!

32 minutes ago, colin said:

My bank balance is about to go red... Dead turbo on our port engine. Ordered new one. Ouch!

Did dismantle and get replaceable parts, but too far gone.

Oh, when you said 'dead turbo' last week I thought it was a typo and you actually had a large deceased fish on the pontoon with you. Now I understand! 😂

Ed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colinschandler said:

Couldn't agree with you more, sounds just like our place in Brittany. However when we wave at pilots who fly over in their Rafale F3-R's and Super Entendard's from Ladivisiau we're no sure if they wave back!

Funny you should mention this - when I was at the house last time (poullaouen) some jets flew real low right over the house. Thought it was just a one off - but appears not.
Scared the …. out of me as they came from no where and the after-shocks shook the ground.

the cows from the field further up the road must had made excellent clotted cream that day - if the French knew how to make it. Question is - cream first or jam… 

1 minute ago, PGTV said:

the cows from the field further up the road must had made excellent clotted cream that day - if the French knew how to make it. Question is - cream first or jam… 

Jam obviously. I bought the final two pots of clotted cream from Tesco (Alliance) in Jersey last week. If you know of anywhere I can buy it in France please give me the details.

We've had a number of Mirage jets over our house this summer too. 

Ed

11 hours ago, hf_uk said:

PA goes to Roscoff twice a week, almost empty. Why not jump on one of those?

Booked already on PA thanks. The problem is if France goes red and we have say 2 days to get home or have to pay for quarantine of 2 for 10 days when back in the UK if we dont make it by the deadline.

3 hours ago, PGTV said:

It’s rather amusing to see Parliament full today, with most MPs without masks, cheering, booing, shouting etc - all next to each other in close contact, with no care in the world about “catching covid” 

At what stage will the Penny drop… (actually lots of pennies to pay for all these tests)

Just thought I make a rant - feel better now 

112B5E56-0458-47A4-AF41-1EFE3618112B.jpeg

I think it's truer to say that most MPs on one side of the house were without masks. On the other almost 100% were masked.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Yorky said:

I think it's truer to say that most MPs on one side of the house were without masks. On the other almost 100% were masked.

Give us a clue. Which side was which? Green. Amber and Red members - or Blue?  lol

Sorry possible political post but with no comment.

Edited by colinschandler

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Jam obviously. I bought the final two pots of clotted cream from Tesco (Alliance) in Jersey last week. If you know of anywhere I can buy it in France please give me the details.

We've had a number of Mirage jets over our house this summer too. 

Ed

No Rafale's, look a bit like the Typhoon from a distance? Shame that. Dump a ton of fuel in the reheat and they go like hot snot down a chromed nostril. The S ducts on the intakes lower it's signature and as it's mostly made of composite, when it drops chaff & flares it confused the crap out of SAM's. They looked at thrust vectoring for the M88 plant about 15 years ago but I don't know if, unlike the Typhoon, they managed it.

Lovely aircraft... It's replacement in a bout 10 years will also be used by the Luftwaffe replacing their Tiffy's.

Oh yeah... try mascaponi mixed with cream on yer scones Ed.

11 hours ago, KenTownley said:

We are doing just that on the 31st...Only question is, can we eat a buffet...?

Sorry but buffet counters in La Flora restaurant are empty at present but 2/3 course menu was very good we ee travelled on PA a week or so ago.  

7 hours ago, colinschandler said:

Give us a clue. Which side was which? Green. Amber and Red members - or Blue?  lol

Sorry possible political post but with no comment.

Most are yellow I suspect.

Ed

19 hours ago, jonno said:

No Rafale's

Definitely Mirages as they were single-engined planes. A couple also few right overhead when we were in the mountains. Luckily I'd just woken up from a nap I was having in the very comfortable heather otherwise I'd have had a heart-attack.

Ed

23 hours ago, PGTV said:

Funny you should mention this - when I was at the house last time (poullaouen) some jets flew real low right over the house. Thought it was just a one off - but appears not.
Scared the …. out of me as they came from no where and the after-shocks shook the ground.

We were camping in the Lake District last month and Typhoons regularly flew overhead very low. We had previously caravaned in the same area in 2002 and I had completely forgotten about about the jets so we got a fright the first time they over. (As an aside my brother worked on the design of the Typhoon but we don't know what he did as he had to sign the Official Secrets Act).

Seeing as we are off topic, can I tell my story.  

Our Brittany home is close to where 2 American B17 bombers were shot down in 1944.

The Grandmother of Mme BZH hid one of the pilots during his escape back to the UK.

We have researched this piece of history and hosted visits from the family of some of those aircrew.

At the scene of one of the forced landings near Poullaouen we were pointing out a tree still standing despite being clipped by B17 “Slo Time Sally” to the daughter of one of the gunners on the plane.

Unbelievably two Rafales from Landivisiau screamed directly overhead at just a few hundred feet.

See what we organised for your visit, I joked, “No, my Dad fixed that", said Susan.

http://www.americanairmuseum.com/aircraft/4173

• Like 3