DAY TWO TEST

This is the relevant section from our form with Nationwide Pathology with the date we originally planned to depart 

Date on which you last departed from or transited through a country or territory outside the common travel area (U.S. Format: MM DD YYYY)
9/23/2021. Which was the date of our crossing

We came back a week early and it didn't matter

• Thanks 1

Here is the official release

https://brittanyferriesnewsroom.com/clarity-on-pcr-test-deadline-needed-to-boost-the-half-term-get-away/

However, I am not sure that the Government will make it either cheap or simple unless they make it self test and self report. I can’t see that there is the capacity for monitored testing. It would be simpler if we could use the NHS tests and just pay a small fixed sum.

Brittany Ferries reported a 71% rise in bookings for the October school half-term period 

I suspect that not many of them understand that the Health pass will be extended to kids.

I was surprised how natural and simple it is to enter restaurants and museums etc with the pass.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, David Williams said:

Ian, did you get your result back ok ?

Now that the rules seem to be clear for early October, I must get round to booking a day 2 test.

We have had an email with a link to the web site didn't bother to look 

2 minutes ago, IanN said:

We have had an email with a link to the web site didn't bother to look 

Perhaps they should offer a daily prize draw with each submitted test being eligible. That way you'd be sure to check your results just in case you'd won the prize. 

Ed

8 hours ago, David Williams said:

I suspect that not many of them understand that the Health pass will be extended to kids.

I was surprised how natural and simple it is to enter restaurants and museums etc with the pass.

There are three common methods of getting the health pass in France, all of which require proof and can be included on the app:

Vaccination

Recent recovery from Covid

A test conducted within the last 72 hours 

Option 4 is a letter from your doctor exonerating you on health grounds from being vaccinated. There is a small list of eligible conditions.

I wonder if a letter from a British doctor, formally translated into French by a certified official, would have the same result for children. If the doctor states that for medical reasons the child can't be vaccinated (it being not legally offered/licenced in the country for that age group) then that might work. 

Ed

We are due to depart roscoff on Sunday. Our good French friends neighbours tried for 2 hours to book us a pre return antigen test. It seems that now the infection rate on France has nosedived (according to pre election Macron) the pharmacies etc have stopped offering tests! Fortunately they eventually found one for this afternoon  

7 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

It seems that now the infection rate on France has nosedived (according to pre election Macron) the pharmacies etc have stopped offering tests!

Or they stopped ordering tests so they won’t have excess stock once the locals have to pay for it !

At least I don’t have that problem as we return on the 6th.

ps don’t forget to fill up your petrol tank just in case !

Edited by David Williams

Has anyone had their UK vaccine rejected by a venue when they scan the QR code?

We had a restaurant in Savonnieres give the dreaded red cross and beep but they used their noggins and saw we had clearly been vaccinated and let us in. A restaurant in Ouistreham before we got the ferry had the same issue and there was no way on god's earth she was letting us in, my wife explained in perfect French she needed to update her app (as it says in the Anti Covid app) but she wasn't having it. Luckily we'd been tested in Tours earlier that day and dug them out of the bag and we were allowed to eat! 

57 minutes ago, David Williams said:

ps don’t forget to fill up your petrol tank just in case

Went to Asda this morning wanted a bit of Fruit and some fish. As I left a couple about 75 were struggling to push a large trolley each. I hate to think how they managed once they had filled them. Tell our generation not to panic buy and it's the first thing we do

14 hours ago, David Williams said:

It would be simpler if we could use the NHS tests and just pay a small fixed sum.

You can use NHS PCR tests, they'll do you out of £68 though.

Just seen Nationwide Pathology only charge £20 for a LF, hope we can use these when we go away in November. 

2 hours ago, CirrusDesAigles said:

You can use NHS PCR tests, they'll do you out of £68 though.

Just seen Nationwide Pathology only charge £20 for a LF, hope we can use these when we go away in November. 

They are going to have to invent a new process which includes the lateral flow test and for some a pcr without charging extra for the pcr.

On 24/09/2021 at 11:20, CirrusDesAigles said:

Has anyone had their UK vaccine rejected by a venue when they scan the QR code?

Yes, my wife. Her second jab is incorrectly labelled as her first by the NHS. It seems she has 2 first doses but no 2nd dose. On the French app it lists as 1 of 2 while mine lists as 2 of 2.

Does anyone know if the 48 hours before ARRIVAL is strictly applied? I would really like to print my Locator Form but will struggle to do this in the 24 hours prior to departure from Bilbao to Portsmouth so will have to rely on my phone which slows the checking process. Any experience anyone? Many thanks

19 minutes ago, Watford Roy said:

Does anyone know if the 48 hours before ARRIVAL is strictly applied? I would really like to print my Locator Form but will struggle to do this in the 24 hours prior to departure from Bilbao to Portsmouth so will have to rely on my phone which slows the checking process. Any experience anyone? Many thanks

You will not be able to complete it outside the 48 hour period. We tried at about 52 hours and the system it said no

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Watford Roy said:

No chance, you can’t do the UK one until 48 hours before arrival, however BF are happy to read the form on a phone or tablet, however it needs to be the whole form and not just the barcode.

2 hours ago, David Williams said:

No chance, you can’t do the UK one until 48 hours before arrival, however BF are happy to read the form on a phone or tablet, however it needs to be the whole form and not just the barcode.

We got ours printed off at the Parador we were staying in and the check in lady on Monday was really appreciative as she said it made her life so much easier.