Club Voyage Membership

Pugh

42 minutes ago, BobCrox said:

We had the most useless account manager

I dispute that. We were with BP for the mortgage until recently and ours was never there. I wasn't even able to have an argument with her. Their online banking software is a shambles.

Ed

2 hours ago, David Williams said:

Back to the start, is it still impossible to book a crossing for after the CV expiry as I need to do some soon.

We decided that the easy way out was to phone. Only on hold about 3-4mins. All booked up for next July in no time. Pont Aven Santander-Plymouth deluxe Cabin. Discount shown on receipt.

On 28/09/2021 at 08:05, David Williams said:

Not sure about Revolut, I don’t believe that the money is protected in any way. 

Regulated and protected in the same way as any bank operating in EU. But what I did on a recent visit to France was just transfer the money in each morning.

I've just looked to see if m promised additional membership after 30 November has been added as promised, and it hasn't.

I did see this, though:

My Membership includes:

• Savings of up to 30% on ferry travel to France or Spain
  • 10% reduction on meals and wine in our main restaurants
  • Free and half price day cabins*
  • Free breakfast when booking a cabin on overnight sailings*
  • Friends and family discount providing up to 10% savings
  • Valid for a whole 12 months from the month of joining

We travelled on Monday to Plymouth in Commodore and had the free full monty breakfast in Le Flora for nothing. The steward told us it would be free if we didn't want the breakfast in the cabin. My brother-in-law, travelling in a standard cabin, but a CV member, didn't have to pay either. I wonder if that's because of the "Free breakfast when booking a cabin on overnight sailing". I can't see what the asterisk refers to and there's no mention of £8.50, though that was on the tickets.

3 hours ago, BigDW1946 said:

Remain very jealous of you folks in UK as, despite asking at least once a year, BF won't offer CV membership on Irish routes.

Not only that the fares seem disproportionately expensive cf Plymouth or Portsmouth to Spain!

• 2 weeks later...

For a short while there is an extra 10% CV discount:-

"As a thank you to our Club Voyage members, for their loyalty & support during these challenging times, we're increasing the saving available to 40% for a limited time when sailing over the winter. Book by 22 Oct & travel before 7 Apr 2022 "

I have seen this online, however have not received an email about it !

Nor have I, and I made our Christmas booking yesterday . . . Although, in fairness, a fully flex booking to Cherbourg on December 12th was only £68, so not too hard a pill to swallow - it may even incorporate the higher rate of discount. It is difficult to spot on the new website.

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

"As a thank you to our Club Voyage members, for their loyalty & support during these challenging times, we're increasing the saving available to 40% for a limited time when sailing over the winter. Book by 22 Oct & travel before 7 Apr 2022 "

I await my notification telling me that my April 6th crossing made in July has now been reduced 😏 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, David Williams said:

Where did you see that David ?    I've signed in to my CV account and can find no mention of it on the website.  

So much for loyalty just a ploy to try and boost sales.

This is a reply to someone already booked Hello Paul, the extra 10% discount applies to bookings made between 7th and 22nd Oct ^JE

I will seriously consider if I renew or not. Slow boats lack, of any recognition of support. declining standards  

Edited by IanN

Don't belong to Facebook or Twitter but the booking I've just made shows a hefty discount. No mention of it being 40% but it flagged up that my CV membership expires before the journey, presume I will get a reminder to renew or end up with a bill for an extra £175.60 if I don't !

This is the email I received on 7th October, very inviting but unfortunately we cannot travel this winter.

Save 40% on sailings to France this winter

As a thank you for your loyalty and support during these challenging times, we're increasing the saving available to Club Voyage members to 40% for a limited time when sailing over the winter. Book by 22 October and travel before 7 April 2022 to enjoy an additional 10% discount that will be automatically applied when booking.

As a regular customer you will already be well aware, by sailing with us you’ll avoid cramped airport terminals and instead enjoy easy check-in and boarding, all from the comfort of your own car. Plus, only fresh sea air is circulated on board with plenty of space for everyone.

vignette.jpg

Save up to 40% on sailings to France

✓  Book by 22 October
✓  Travel by 7 April 2022
✓  Flexible ticket options
     offering fee free amendments
✓  Free day cabins on selected sailings
✓  Save 10% in our onboard restaurants

As a thank you for your loyalty and support during these challenging times.

How about free CV membership for life for members who made at least 3 return crossings between April 2020 and September 2021. This would represent a true thank you. 😏

This offer comes in when memberships for most are due to be renewed a coincidence?

2 minutes ago, IanN said:

How about free CV membership for life for members who made at least 3 return crossings between April 2020 and September 2021. This would represent a true thank you. 😏

I think that would affect a small number of customers, most of whom live in the Leicester area, but it's worth a try.

Ed

• Shocked 1