Club Voyage Membership

Pugh

9 minutes ago, Gardian said:

’m a CV person, but never get any of these emails or Newsletters that everybody else seems to get.

I still find businesses that have my email which closed down about 10 years ago. Doesn't help when they send a link to change it and the password to that redundant address.

9 hours ago, Yorky said:

Call centre told me today that 10% additional reduction does not apply to modifications to crossings, only completely new bookings.

So not really a loyalty bonus or thankyou then

• Like 1

The newsletter says

In the coming weeks, any new members joining Club Voyage will receive different benefits with ferry discounts varying depending on the season of travel. As a token of our appreciation to our loyal existing members, you will continue to receive your year-round 30% discount as long as you continue to renew your membership. From 16 November, we’re increasing your usual £8.50 breakfast allowance to a £10 food and drink voucher that can be used in any onboard catering point of your choice and at any time! Plus, you’ll also receive NEW onboard benefits including discount in the cinema and spa as long as you renew your membership.

It didn’t mention changes to membership costs or day cabins so hopefully this is good news, the devil will be in the detail.

Edited by David Williams

It'll be interesting to see how the £10 food and drink voucher works. In September we decided to forego the Commodore breakfast in the cabin and went to Le Flora for the full Monty and got it free of charge, as foretold by the cabin steward. Our in-laws, who weren't in Commodore or Deluxe, but are CV members, joined us and had the cooked breakfast only, and got it free as well.

In the past we've had a cabin breakfast,  with the buns and jams stored away for later in the day, and gone to Le Flora. Sometimes it's been free, sometimes we've been charged £2.40 each. It's a real lottery.

On 14/10/2021 at 21:22, Yorky said:

Call centre told me today that 10% additional reduction does not apply to modifications to crossings, only completely new bookings.

I made a booking today and there was no way of telling what % was applied.

You can try making the same booking without your CV details and compare the price?

2 hours ago, BobCrox said:

3 hours ago, BobCrox said:

Discount doesn’t apply to all parts of the booking as I’m sure you know well. But every BF invoice shows the amount of discount applied which is what counts.

Chris

Out of interest I’m heading back to U.K. on Monday 1st after an incredibly busy 2 months ( which explains the lack of action on here), full price £160 but down to £96 once the Club Voyage 40% discount is applied - all very helpful and worked seamlessly

Chris

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Out of interest I’m heading back to U.K. on Monday 1st after an incredibly busy 2 months ( which explains the lack of action on here), full price £160 but down to £96 once the Club Voyage 40% discount is applied - all very helpful and worked seamlessly

Chris

Good to hear that things have picked up. Let us know which testing service you used in Hampshire.

Ed

There's a little more information on the BF site now regarding changes to CV membership.  it looks positive to me, especially the extra flexibility afforded by the £10 voucher issued with overnight crossings.

"£10 food & drink voucher †

When sailing overnight with a cabin, a £10 voucher is automatically included for each passenger (except infants). This credit can be used at the à la carte or self-service restaurant, cafés and bars and can be either redeemed in one or multiple transactions."

1 minute ago, Angel said:

There's a little more information on the BF site now regarding changes to CV membership.  it looks positive to me, especially the extra flexibility afforded by the £10 voucher issued with overnight crossings.

"£10 food & drink voucher †

When sailing overnight with a cabin, a £10 voucher is automatically included for each passenger (except infants). This credit can be used at the à la carte or self-service restaurant, cafés and bars and can be either redeemed in one or multiple transactions."

Yes good news but I do sense they are holding back on what all this generosity will cost. They are having bailouts so I cannot see a net benefit to members coming out of this. I do hope to be proven wrong

44 minutes ago, IanN said:

Yes good news but I do sense they are holding back on what all this generosity will cost. They are having bailouts so I cannot see a net benefit to members coming out of this. I do hope to be proven wrong

New members will loose the 30% discount in peak season (not sure if that is just for Spain or all crossings).

The breakfast allowance did go up to £13 ish at one time to cover the decent restaurants.

2 hours ago, David Williams said:

ew members will loose the 30% discount in peak season (not sure if that is just for Spain or all crossings)

This is what made us join. Before I retired and we only made one trip a year to Spain and in peak period. You could just about break even in year one with the joining fee and the annual subscription. Year two was a saving. 

I am not sure if I would have joined if the 30% discount was not available. Cash was tight and year two would have seemed a long while to wait for a saving

Have just made our first actual  booking since 2019 (we did make one in 2020 but cancelled it). 

Admitedly, there are a few of us and we are taking something bigger than a mini  for 22 days.

But the saving comes to 240 quid, pretty good deal then!!

I also make sure all my friends know I have a discount code for BF, which, in a normal year, will earn 30/40 pounds of vouchers.

Of course, should we decide to sell up in Brittany, plus "shopping" trips are gone for ever, well, that might change our thinking.

Rhys