Face masks in France

elaine80

Eldest goes to France tomorrow to work as an English language assistant for the next 8 months. Are there any rules relating to what face masks are acceptable in France? I know that at one point Wales was requiring masks to be at least 3 layers; does France have any such requirement or stipulate the material the mask should be made from?

33 minutes ago, elaine80 said:

Eldest goes to France tomorrow to work as an English language assistant for the next 8 months. Are there any rules relating to what face masks are acceptable in France? I know that at one point Wales was requiring masks to be at least 3 layers; does France have any such requirement or stipulate the material the mask should be made from?

Not in public areas such as supermarkets or on transport, no. Some of the companies I visit stipulate blue (or white) surgical masks and provide them for their employees. Schools also recommend those masks but are not insisting if parents prefer washable alternatives. 

Ed

1 hour ago, colin said:

As Ed says. Airports and airlines require surgical masks, but everywhere we go we find our washable ones accepted. Where is he going?

Don't they need to have hung on the car mirror for at least three months as well

• Haha 3

Thanks all. Off to raid the cars for the blue masks we keep for emergencies (we normally use washables).

The school is between Toulouse and Montpellier but there is a direct flight (until the end of October) from Edinburgh to Beziers which is ideal. We plan to go out in November but will fly Edinburgh-Carcassonne and hire a car.

• Like 2

Just back from a few days break in Normandy. Masks in shops, restaurants, museums etc were primarily washables.
There is a large amount of people wearing on the streets. In some outdoor historical sites, masks were also mandatory.