Disappointing News - PA

Warwickian

BF notified me today that our Portsmouth/St Malo late December jaunt is now transferring to Armorique - no a la Carte Restaurant and the balcony Commodore Cabin has been subbed for a weeny Club Plus version.

Never been on Armorique, always a Bretagne or PA fella - reduced the total bill by £45 which doesn’t really make me feel any better.

Feeling a bit deflated, the vessel is half the fun……😕

• Like 2

Well, at least you can still get over to France. The DVLA have been delaying the renewal of my driving licence since February as their medical section has been on continual strike since April and no idea of when I might get it back.

Be grateful for small mercies and enjoy your jaunt. After all, the ferry crossing only takes up a few hours of it.

Edited by cvabishop

Not yet been informed but our mid November  Pont Aven, St Malo to Portsmouth crossing now shows on the timetable as Amorique.

There goes our posh cabin with balcony !        But what is happening to PA ?    

Lots more work for the overworked Customer Services team too having to change all those bookings.

Things are not looking good for BF.

At least you will probably have two good skippers. If only BF would do a Northlink Magnus Lounge type thing, eating a freshly cooked entrecôte with pommes dauphinoise and a bottle (not currently available) of Chateau Noaillac would not be too unpleasant.

31 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

Well, at least you can still get over to France. The DVLA have been delaying the renewal of my driving licence since February as their medical section has been on continual strike since April and no idea of when I might get it back.

Be grateful for small mercies and enjoy your jaunt. After all, the ferry crossing only takes up a few hours of it.

You have my sympathy. My licence is due for renewal on medical grounds in early June, so we've booked a trip to Spain in May as I expect a lengthy delay. The situation at DVLA is wholly unacceptable. I hope you get some good news soon.

54 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

Have you tried complaining to your MP, their staff generally have fast track access to the agencies

2 hours ago, Warwickian said:

BF notified me today that our Portsmouth/St Malo late December jaunt is now transferring to Armorique - no a la Carte Restaurant and the balcony Commodore Cabin has been subbed for a weeny Club Plus version.

Never been on Armorique, always a Bretagne or PA fella - reduced the total bill by £45 which doesn’t really make me feel any better.

Come on. It’s not a seven day Caribbean cruise,  It’s a ferry. That’s all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nowt wrong with Arm, she’s served a lot on her perfectly well.  Says me, who likes the smallest ship in the fleet.  Unfortunately we are in difficult times and not everything is the way people want all the time.  At least you are getting your crossing, my usual ferry will have been stuck up a canal for two years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you tried complaining to your MP, their staff generally have fast track access to the agencies

I have indeed and had an offer to take up my complaint but I have declined on the basis that in my case it is an inconvenience as I can keep driving in the UK pending a decision on my licence but there are literally thousands of people, who are waiting for their licence to be restored after recovery from a medical condition and have lost their livelihoods in the meantime due to being unable to drive. They should take priority.

The DVLA situation is a national disgrace. The Union have deliberately targeted the medical section as a means of bringing pressure against the management who appear to have been making no effort whatsoever to resolve the situation. The Chief Exec of the DVLA is apparently in the office one day a month. There has been a parliamentary committee investigation which has not seemed to have had any impact. However there has also been a parliamentary petition criticising the DVLA which has prompted a Government response. Another parliamentary committee of MPs has judged the Government response to be inadequate and not addressing the problem so HMG now have to revise their response. In the meantime we wait. It appears that it could be well into the New Year before the issues are resolved. Unbelievable really. HMG just doesn't seem to be bothered.

10 hours ago, David Williams said:

Have you tried complaining to your MP,

Let's hope your MP isn't Diane Abbott or you are likely to get a reply along these lines:

----

Dear Constituent,

Much as I support campaigns for independence, freedom from oppression and struggles against injustice, I'm unable to help you in regard to your request to contact the DVLA. 

The Liberation Army in DV, wherever that may be (and my geography is a little ropey), is certainly a worthy cause but due to previous issues relating to my support for other 'revolutionary groups' I wouldn't want to damage my political reputation by getting involved this time.

Yours sincerely.

DA 

----

Ed

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Warwickian said:

Cancelled and 100% refunded - flying over instead;  faster, cheaper and more time there!

Here we are, sitting happily at the Parador de Mazagon, having just read UK politicians saying that the the UK supply problems are being mirrored in Europe. We’ve seen nothing but full supermarket shelves and fully open gasolineras. The Spanish folk we’ve been chatting to don’t know anything about HGV driver problems and concurrent shortages. 

• Like 2

We have overnight crossing St Malo/Port 9 Dec. The reservation on-line has disappeared with no contact from BF. I understand that the ferry has changed. I tried to phone but no response. It is so difficult to contact Customer Services in any way. I understand that they are busy and hindered with a poor website but expected better from BF. I wanted to amend my booking but it’s disappeared on-line and I can’t contact them. We deserve better than this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LizandAl said:

We have overnight crossing St Malo/Port 9 Dec. The reservation on-line has disappeared with no contact from BF. I understand that the ferry has changed. I tried to phone but no response. It is so difficult to contact Customer Services in any way. I understand that they are busy and hindered with a poor website but expected better from BF. I wanted to amend my booking but it’s disappeared on-line and I can’t contact them. We deserve better than this.

I had a similar problem with some of our bookings not being available to amend on the new website.  After many aborted attempts to call reservations I finally had success at around 5.20 pm yesterday when my call was answered very quickly.  I decided to try then as I reasoned many workers would be travelling around then and homebased people would probably make their calls earlier in the day.  Anyway, it seemed to work so I suggest you try around that time yourself.