Disappointing News - PA

Warwickian

Our November crossing has been switched, email arrived today:

From 8th November 2021 until 8th February 2022, our Portsmouth - St Malo service will be operated by the Armorique whilst the Pont-Aven is taken into dry dock for routine maintenance work. Whilst the Armorique does not have an à la carte restaurant, passengers can still enjoy a superb choice of menu in our self-service restaurant, as well as hot and cold snacks from the café. Please click here to find out more about the facilities onboard. 

If you have booked a cabin, you will be transferred to the same type or the closest match available; details can be found on your ticket. Please also check your ticket for details of your sailing times as some crossings have undergone time changes as a result of the tides.

5 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

Whlist sitting and weeping in the Armorique self service....?

The MSM has a decent restaurant, however I don’t believe it has been open this year and the self service has limited hours.

Edited by David Williams

46 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

Whlist sitting and weeping in the Armorique self service....?

Well, considering when we get Arm in Poole, it is considered an upgrade and a special treat - she might not be some people’s tastes, but she fills a gap in Poole very nicely.  Out of interest, would Normandie fit in Poole?

6 hours ago, BZH29 said:

Our November crossing has been switched, email arrived today:

From 8th November 2021 until 8th February 2022, our Portsmouth - St Malo service will be operated by the Armorique whilst the Pont-Aven is taken into dry dock for routine maintenance work. Whilst the Armorique does not have an à la carte restaurant, passengers can still enjoy a superb choice of menu in our self-service restaurant, as well as hot and cold snacks from the café. Please click here to find out more about the facilities onboard. 

If you have booked a cabin, you will be transferred to the same type or the closest match available; details can be found on your ticket. Please also check your ticket for details of your sailing times as some crossings have undergone time changes as a result of the tides.

three month dry dock? What are they planning to do to her!

4 hours ago, Khaines said:

Well, considering when we get Arm in Poole, it is considered an upgrade and a special treat - she might not be some people’s tastes, but she fills a gap in Poole very nicely.  Out of interest, would Normandie fit in Poole?

Very easily indeed. The Pont Aven can fit in Poole, so too can Monty.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Khaines said:

Thanks Jonno, just been thinking that one the past week.

Edit - quoted myself by mistake, meant to have quoted Jonno - good start to the morning 🙄

Edited by Khaines

22 minutes ago, rogerpatenall said:

I thought to myself - there seems to be an echo on my computer this morning, Brigitte!

Nah, just my weird thought process this week as I realised Nova Star was the almost the same size as Normandie, and seeing as I have banged on about NS being in Poole, I thought maybe not, watching her on the webcam she looks much bigger than originally thought, more like Normandie.  I guessed no way Normandie would fit in Poole, but if Jonno says she would, then fine.  So would someone else have done then.  Looked up specs for both ships.

Edited by Khaines

We were looking at possibly going to St Malo this winter, the change of ship slightly decreases our liklihood of travelling, although I am a fan of the club plus cabins on Armorique, and have always had good food in her restaurant. PA or Bretagne would have been preferred but it makes sense for BF to do this. I assume PA will go to Astander again? We discovered she does fit a couple of years ago?

If P&O reinstate their Dutch minicruises we shall probably hit the Christmas markets there instead of going to France as it's much less of a drive, and the Brasserie on board will be open! 

Edited by Tumnus2010