Armorique from St Malo 21st September.

What was supposed to be our long awaited reunion with the Bretagne on Tuesday didn’t happen instead we had to travel on the Armorique.

We were expecting to travel back from our Toussaint trip on the Pont Aven, but that too looks as though it will change to the Armorique.

On Tuesday evening’s sailing both vehicle and passenger numbers must have been almost back to normal.

Not the best of starts at St Malo when the check in lady decided, despite a queue and displaying a green light, to shut up shop. 4 upset cyclists were able to push in to one of the other lines but motorists (me included) had to make a U turn and join the back of another queue, it took about 20 minutes to get through but passport control was just a look at the vaccination certificate and a stamp on the passport. No customs checks on the car just head for lane 8.

Loading was quick and easy.

Deck 5 was packed with 6 lanes of cars and vans filling up one side of the ship and 2  full lanes facing the other way. There were cars down on deck 3 also.

Anyone easily offended should steer clear of cabin 8304. Some artistic passenger from a previous crossing has scratched a picture of a set of male genitals into the plastic porthole surround !. The bathroom became extremely smelly with a gurgling sound from behind the toilet cistern and loud running water noises from the shower plug hole..

Crew change day and Commandant François Le Breton was in charge. (what an appropriate name for BF)  “A new boy” said one of the loading crew when I asked who was on the bridge.

Restaurant was busy with slow moving queues and no safe social distancing but food good. Commenting on the large number of passengers the cashier in the self service said the crew were relieved things were getting back to normal . Enfin ! he said.

No signs of Potty Pirate for entertainment, instead a lady promising to sing your cares away !

Her voice carried from decks 6 to 8.

A smooth crossing.  Breakfast gathered from the self service restaurant had croissants and pain au chocolat far superior to the stuff we had delivered to our Club Plus cabin on the outward journey.

After all the announcements requesting passengers to “observe safe social distancing at this time of global pandemic” it seems counter productive and mean to turn everyone out of the cabins a full half hour before docking. It took around 25 minutes to drive off and twenty minutes to get past Border Force, plenty of lanes open and only passports  had to be shown. “We can see your Passenger Locator form as it’s linked to your passport” they said.   

Back into the mad morning rush hour, but at least there aren’t so many tailgaters here !

I seem recall someone on the forum recently saying their cabin was changed due to flooding ?     Was that aboard Armorique ?    It seems to have serious plumbing issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Could be someone stuffed something down the toilet that they shouldn’t have.  Ok, maybe it disappeared after flushing but blocked up the plumbing further down the pipes, could explain weird noises.  People put nappies, womens sanitary products, underwear and even clothes down toilets that aren’t in their own homes - which of course they never would in their own homes.  

Arm still got the salad bar, one of my favourite features of her dining areas.  Great ship, she is, albeit not the best seakeeper.

• Like 1

That's possible but on the outward crossing in August Armorique's cabin 8326 has an un flushable loo. 

Sailing was cancelled on 13th September due to "technical issue"  Anyone know what that was ?

1 minute ago, BZH29 said:

That's possible but on the outward crossing in August Armorique's cabin 8326 has an un flushable loo. 

Sailing was cancelled on 13th September due to "technical issue"  Anyone know what that was ?

I'm starting to wonder if 'Potty Pirate' might not actually be the children's entertainer but a saboteur.

Ed

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Paully said:

Sounds like its overworked and in need of a refit

Arm must be the biggest workhorse in the fleet, she covers for almost all, doesn’t she, is there a ship she hasn’t stood in for, barring NEX?  Can’t remember when she last went for a refit.  

• Like 1

We were pootling in to the Sablons as she came out this morning. Lots of rusty bits need painting.

ALWAYS report faults. Even if you think they can't be arsed, it gets noted and acted upon if you insist politely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, colin said:

We were pootling in to the Sablons as she came out this morning. Lots of rusty bits need painting.

ALWAYS report faults. Even if you think they can't be arsed, it gets noted and acted upon if you insist politely.

I Agree PA had a broken bed light fitting and clock in Cabin 6495 on the way out we informed reception but said we don't need it fixing. On our return two weeks later same cabin Lamp repaired and clock working

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IanN said:

I Agree PA had a broken bed light fitting and clock in Cabin 6495 on the way out we informed reception but said we don't need it fixing. On our return two weeks later same cabin Lamp repaired and clock working

And cabin 6494 was taped off and out of use. 😂

Ed

I know someone who works on the cleaning team on Arm on Sunday, have passed on a message about the willy in 8304 along with saying about the loo.  Not mentioned names or where, just pointed out a couple of things needing checking on her.

Edited by Khaines

How do you complain about a willy ?     No Cabin Boy I wasn't asking you  🙂   Its scratched in to the plastic so it won't wash away.

We reported the unflushable loo and Information desk came to see what was wrong, it mysteriously sorted itself. No vacuum or no water ?

I have sent an email to "feedback" and offered them a photo of the naive art !, the smell was more difficult to attach to the email.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BZH29 said:

How do you complain about a willy ?     No Cabin Boy I wasn't asking you  🙂   Its scratched in to the plastic so it won't wash away.

We reported the unflushable loo and Information desk came to see what was wrong, it mysteriously sorted itself. No vacuum or no water ?

I have sent an email to "feedback" and offered them a photo of the naive art !, the smell was more difficult to attach to the email.

Well, the cleaning team can have a laugh at the willy for now and when she goes for refit she can have that bit of plastic replaced.  They can do a Bobbit on it.

No doubt I’ll get a pic of it sent to me on Messenger..🤣

They could incorporate it into the 1060606990_Ferryn.png.d3c85aa441b51e9a33daa0ce49d9af2f.png          treasure hunt

as Where's Wally or rather Where's Willy ?       Getting silly now !  

Its not that scary a picture but I dare not post it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2021 at 13:25, BZH29 said:

What was supposed to be our long awaited reunion with the Bretagne on Tuesday didn’t happen instead we had to travel on the Armorique.

We were expecting to travel back from our Toussaint trip on the Pont Aven, but that too looks as though it will change to the Armorique.

On Tuesday evening’s sailing both vehicle and passenger numbers must have been almost back to normal.

Not the best of starts at St Malo when the check in lady decided, despite a queue and displaying a green light, to shut up shop. 4 upset cyclists were able to push in to one of the other lines but motorists (me included) had to make a U turn and join the back of another queue, it took about 20 minutes to get through but passport control was just a look at the vaccination certificate and a stamp on the passport. No customs checks on the car just head for lane 8.

Loading was quick and easy.

Deck 5 was packed with 6 lanes of cars and vans filling up one side of the ship and 2  full lanes facing the other way. There were cars down on deck 3 also.

Anyone easily offended should steer clear of cabin 8304. Some artistic passenger from a previous crossing has scratched a picture of a set of male genitals into the plastic porthole surround !. The bathroom became extremely smelly with a gurgling sound from behind the toilet cistern and loud running water noises from the shower plug hole..

Crew change day and Commandant François Le Breton was in charge. (what an appropriate name for BF)  “A new boy” said one of the loading crew when I asked who was on the bridge.

Restaurant was busy with slow moving queues and no safe social distancing but food good. Commenting on the large number of passengers the cashier in the self service said the crew were relieved things were getting back to normal . Enfin ! he said.

No signs of Potty Pirate for entertainment, instead a lady promising to sing your cares away !

Her voice carried from decks 6 to 8.

A smooth crossing.  Breakfast gathered from the self service restaurant had croissants and pain au chocolat far superior to the stuff we had delivered to our Club Plus cabin on the outward journey.

After all the announcements requesting passengers to “observe safe social distancing at this time of global pandemic” it seems counter productive and mean to turn everyone out of the cabins a full half hour before docking. It took around 25 minutes to drive off and twenty minutes to get past Border Force, plenty of lanes open and only passports  had to be shown. “We can see your Passenger Locator form as it’s linked to your passport” they said.   

Back into the mad morning rush hour, but at least there aren’t so many tailgaters here !

I seem recall someone on the forum recently saying their cabin was changed due to flooding ?     Was that aboard Armorique ?    It seems to have serious plumbing issues.

Just returned form Saint Malo on Armorique. The toilet flush was extremely temperamental (it would eventually work, but sometimes required as many as twenty presses before the vacuum came to life). The main light in the cabin was also flashing on and off like a belisha beacon. The issues have been reported, but it sounds like the ship has some plumbing problems. Bring back Bretagne!

• Like 1