Health Control Form Oct ‘21

BillS

On 06/10/2021 at 15:43, AmigoCirculo said:

I heard a tale on the PA that someone who had forgotten to bring their NHS vaccination certificate had to undergo a test on arrival. 

If they didn't have their vaccination certificate, they wouldn't have been boarded. So they're being pinocchio.

6 hours ago, scarlton said:

If they didn't have their vaccination certificate, they wouldn't have been boarded. So they're being pinocchio.

I thought a negative test was also sufficient? From the BF web site. I Know AC was on a Spanish crossing

Unvaccinated passengers must present a negative PCR/TMA/LAMP/NEAR test carried out 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain. Children under 12 years are exempt.

12 minutes ago, IanN said:

I thought a negative test was also sufficient? From the BF web site. I Know AC was on a Spanish crossing

Unvaccinated passengers must present a negative PCR/TMA/LAMP/NEAR test carried out 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain. Children under 12 years are exempt.

I'd have thought so. Some people can't be vaccinated for allergy reasons and children may not have had theirs.

I went to the cinema here last night (Bond) and the Health Pass sign at the entrance stated that children must show theirs if aged over 12 years and 2 months. The extra two months are allowed for those kids born in late September so they can still participate in school events until they get around to the jab. 

This could make it easier for some UK families to come to France at half term but I'm not sure it's widely known.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ameli.fr/assure/actualites/covid-19-le-passe-sanitaire-partir-de-12-ans-et-2-mois-entre-en-vigueur&ved=2ahUKEwji4f_Bkb_zAhULmBQKHXtwBlIQFnoECDcQAQ&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw0nX9qvgfHpBilLoXukf9mQ

Ed

8 hours ago, scarlton said:

I probably did not read this correctly. I did not register the on arrival bit. I guess BF would not want to go into the logistics / proof that the test was done or liaising with the Spanish authorities on an individual basis. 

It could well have been that they weren't able to be vaccinated, had a negative test to be allowed to board and then another one on arrival in Spain. It may have been that they hadn't actually "forgotten" the vaccination certificate. You know how stories get distended in the telling. The old army runner's message "Send three and fourpence, going to a dance" allegedly started life as a more military "Send reinforcements, going to advance". For the benefit of younger viewers, this was allegedly sent pre-decimalisation in the Great War.

To add to the confusion, this was our experience a week ago.

I completed the Spth (or whatever) a week before we sailed, using the 'other' option for vaccination, which simply asked what vaccines we had had and when. QR codes duly received and printed, as were our NHS certificates. At check-in, we presented passports with both printouts and went through with no problem. The same documents were presented at Santander on arrival and the immigration officer immediately returned the printouts, saying there was no need 'it's all on the passports'. Job done, straight through immigration, no stop futher on to check on our meat and dairy imports either. So chill everyone, if you get the QR code you won't have a problem.

BF still saying ALL must complete, with no mention of families or groups, and SpTH saying within 48 hours of landing under the Ferry information, which makes it a little difficult for 2 night crossings and 1 day travel to Portsmouth. 

AAA5FE99-A283-4086-A2A5-FF0E4F960B8C.jpeg

4C1AC329-7411-417D-908F-D3E32F474DDC.jpeg

On 07/10/2021 at 11:21, Cabin-boy said:

I don't know how a UK code displays in the French app so it's difficult to say. But if it's acceptable for restaurants here I don't see why it shouldn't work elsewhere. 

Ed

Agree with you. I won't show it here but I have scanned the QR code from the NHS Wales letter and it registered on the tousanticovid app without fuss and no visible indication of the country of immunisation. I will put it to the test in a week time when I go to Portugal for an audit. 

1 hour ago, crechbleiz said:

Agree with you. I won't show it here but I have scanned the QR code from the NHS Wales letter and it registered on the tousanticovid app without fuss and no visible indication of the country of immunisation. I will put it to the test in a week time when I go to Portugal for an audit. 

On the NHS app the QR code from each vaccination recorded will expire if you do not open the app at least once every 30 days.

I added the NHS QR code to my TousAntiCovid app and it was accepted ( with spangles !).  Does anyone know if the TousAC app has also to be opened every 30 day or even, perish the thought, do I have to re- scan the NHS code into the TousAC app when I refresh the former ?

2 minutes ago, Cassie said:

On the NHS app the QR code from each vaccination recorded will expire if you do not open the app at least once every 30 days.

I added the NHS QR code to my TousAntiCovid app and it was accepted ( with spangles !).  Does anyone know if the TousAC app has also to be opened every 30 day or even, perish the thought, do I have to re- scan the NHS code into the TousAC app when I refresh the former ?

Old codes show as expired in TAC, however I believe that they still verify ok, however would not risk it. This may all change when we are EU compliant as they don’t expire.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cassie said:

Does anyone know if the TousAC app has also to be opened every 30 day

I don't believe so. Once they are in, they are in. You can of course delete them if you wish and scan in a new code. 

7 hours ago, Cassie said:

with spangles

That's for double-vaccinated people only. Congratulations!

I don't know what happens if you only scan in a test result because you have rejected the offer of vaccination. Probably an image of a guillotine and a 72-hour countdown.

Ed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

I don't believe so. Once they are in, they are in. You can of course delete them if you wish and scan in a new code. 

That's for double-vaccinated people only. Congratulations!

I don't know what happens if you only scan in a test result because you have rejected the offer of vaccination. Probably an image of a guillotine and a 72-hour countdown.

Ed

Thank you both. A date to check both NHS and TAC now set in my diary. Happy days when all I had to remember before travelling was passport and ticket.

As of last Wednesday we are both triple vaccinated. No provision for the booster dose to be recorded in either app however and we didn’t even get a card with details of dose on it when we had the jab. 

Love the guillotine idea !

On 12/10/2021 at 19:00, BillS said:

And the BF webpage “All passengers must also complete an online Health Control form (FCS form) within 48 hours prior to travel. ”.

At least that is 48 hours prior to travel rather that arrival in Spain.

While checking in for Galicia on Thursday last (14th), they expressed concern about the 00 before my passport number, as advised by Spanish help desk. They asked for my original QR form filled in two weeks earlier, but said that they could have accepted the 00 but that it made it more difficult.

Enjoyable crossing on Galicia - plenty of space and got two free English breakfasts due to C club in Tapas restaurant. Excellent snacks in C-club.

Was waived straight through customs, no checks at all. What was pleasantly surprising was being waved straight through Spanish checks apart from passport being stamped, and very quick glance at the green QR code sheet with vaccine certs.

Waiving through also bypassed the queue waiting for questions. Disembark and on the road within 5 minutes ;) 

55 minutes ago, Cassie said:

No provision for the booster dose to be recorded in either app however and we didn’t even get a card with details of dose on it when we had the jab. 

In TAC each new dose added automatically replaces the previous one (at least that was the case with doses 1 & 2). However I've not yet met anyone who's added a third certificate to see if it shows up differently. When I can find out I'll let you know 

Ed

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 19:00, BillS said:

And the BF webpage “All passengers must also complete an online Health Control form (FCS form) within 48 hours prior to travel. ”.

At least that is 48 hours prior to travel rather that arrival in Spain.

Interesting ,yet the guy at bf check in at Portsmouth last Monday .told us our qr code had the wrong date on it ie 11/10/2021 and should of read 12/10/2021.then he said all was fine.on docking at bilbao. Only passports were asked for no mention of the qr code,then a few hundred yards pulled in with the dog.  At pet control they asked only for wife's passport who is the owner of the dog ,how they knew this I do not know.in any case no problems at all .