Onboard announcements

Cabin-boy

According to this article from the Daily Mail, British Airways pilots and cabin crew will be encouraged to avoid prefacing their messages with 'Ladies and gentlemen' to avoid certain passengers feeling excluded.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10076705/British-Airways-tells-pilots-cabin-crew-not-refer-passengers-ladies-gentlemen.html

I wonder what will happen if ferry companies adopt the same strategy. If the need to abandon ship arises, perhaps it will be:

Women and children first, no, wait!. Those under 18 and anyone in a skirt first. Sorry, no that's not right. Anyone who's slightly confused about their orientation first. Oh, sod it! Let's go with dogs first.

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, daves_pad! said:

Please don’t turn this thread into a misogynistic, anti-equality, xenophobic forum *PLEASE* 

(although it says a lot about “Daily Mail” readers….) 

Not my intention. I simply rather appreciate, having spent quite a lot of money on a ticket, being welcomed aboard a plane or ferry with 'Good morning, sir'. 

Ed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paully said:

You re either a lady or a gentleman and which is decided by your chromosomes...Its as straightforward as that.

Judging by some of the posts on Youtube of passengers being removed from aircraft they were neither Ladies or Gentlemen. I think the modern parlance is Karens and Kevins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, TerryDorset said:

I don't much mind what they call me, I just wish they'd sort out the PA system on Galicia. It's impossible to understand a word they say.

Perhaps they are just speaking Spanish. 🤣

Ed