Crossing borders.

Penlan

On 13/11/2021 at 18:52, Penlan said:

Seems like the full Monty restrictions don't come in till next year.

Then we will be back to getting properly turned over every trip.

Maybe I need to get a multi coloured land rover and the ZZ top coiffure again..

Rhys

I would say I'd be ok, being on my bike, but still remember doing a daytrip to Cherbourg and being pulled up into the shed. To say the chap was a bit confused as to what exactly to check, on a guy with just a bike wearing cycling gear would be an understatement!

• 2 weeks later...

Crossing Borders may be tricky tomorrow, from a Gov UK email

Representatives of the French fishing industry have announced that they plan to take industrial action on Friday 26 November. It is expected that this will primarily affect access within mainland France to ports in Northern France, including Calais, Saint Malo and Ouistreham, as well as access to the Channel Tunnel. However, industrial action may also take place in other areas. If you are due to travel to or within France, check the website of your chosen operator for the latest information before travelling, and follow the advice of local authorities.

It seems that a token gesture has been decided upon for Friday. I think the tragedy off Calais is in everyone's minds.

les pêcheurs prévoient de bloquer vendredi les entrées et sorties des ferries des ports de Saint-Malo (Ille-et-Vilaine), de 8 h à 9 h, Calais (Pas-de-Calais), de 12 h à 13 h 30 et Ouistreham (Calvados), à partir de 14 h. Les accès routiers à Eurotunnel seront aussi perturbés entre 14 h et 16 h,

Ports will be blocked, St Malo from 08:00-09:00, Calais 12:00-13:30, Ouistreham from 14:00 and the tunnel from 14:00-16:00.

• Like 1