Cap F on Apollo Duck?

Khaines

BF paid 81.5m Euros for her in 2009.

Grimaldi paid 65m Euros for her twin, the current Cruise Olbia in 2016.

So on a straight line basis (if that's appropriate) it's about right.

On the face of it though it's a high price for a 20 year old ship which has been taking a bit of a battering in pretty exposed waters for the past decade. On the other had it has had two owners which keep their ships in good condition so the buyer can have a bit of faith in that respect.

There are predictably rumours that Grimaldi Lines may be interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

..got me thinking can't believe how Galacia is such a come down on the Cap. At least the Cap has a decent lounge bar with comfy seats and entertainment, a la carte restaurant and swimming pool that that sales advert features.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Only 2 owners, proven track record in heavy seas (umpteen crossings of the Bay of Biscay), engine exhaust conditioning fitted, most doors already fitted with legends in Greek alphabet. Would suit Mediterranean use.....

nly 2 careful owners, comes with its own scrubbers, countless crossings of the Bay of Biscay

I see on Apollo Duck, in the list of certifications, that she is:

'REGISTERED Achilles Member'

Does that mean she heels frequently?

----

I also love that they place her in Hamburg but then follow that with a disclaimer that:

'Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.'

If she's actually in Le Havre then that's about the same level of precision the US Air Force use when dropping bombs. 

Ed

3 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I see on Apollo Duck, in the list of certifications, that she is:

'REGISTERED Achilles Member'

Does that mean she heels frequently?

----

I also love that they place her in Hamburg but then follow that with a disclaimer that:

'Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.'

If she's actually in Le Havre then that's about the same level of precision the US Air Force use when dropping bombs. 

Ed

Hamburg is the sales office of GRS.

6 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Indeed, but the website clearly states the vessel's location is Hamburg. If I turn up tomorrow hoping to visit her I'm in for a shock.

Ed

The GRS website only states that they're French flagged.

Here's another:

https://grs.group/grs-ferry-cruise/charter/ferry-cruise-vessels-for-charter/ferrycruise-vessels-for-charter-results/ferrycruise-vessels-for-charter-detail/?type=charter&vid=%231034050

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

That's Bretagne. How long has she been up for sale?

Ed

No idea Ed, have to be careful though as a few on there have already been sold such as the two P&O ferries and Stena Saga. Interesting that Viking's 4o year old Rosella is on there for €15m and the 33 year old Amorella for €30m. No price for what appears to be Epsilon and Kerry.

Guess they are chartering any vessel out to make money, times must be hard for them right now!! Very little work again !! 

Wish they would charter out the new E Flexers that's the best thing they could do with them lol 😉

Again, I'd like to point out that you need to be careful with shipbrokers as sometimes owners simply wish to find out the market and get a valuation. The GNV ships are a classic example, they've been listed for sale for around a decade by various brokerages. I'd also like to point out that NEX is on the GRS charter list too.

There are many ships on the list which aren't currently available such as Etretat, Gabrielle & I don't think Atlantic Vision is up for grabs either.

Mariella was sold months ago.

Edited by jonno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1