Jump to content

Cherbourg High Speed 2022- CONFIRMED


Huricane
 Share

Recommended Posts

Saw this today. Looks like we are on for a summer high speed service with Liberation. Interestingly though is out from Portsmouth and back to Poole. They are not going to run her empty to Portsmouth again are they? 

 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4151316781639596&id=381366928634619&m_entstream_source=timeline&__tn__=%2As%2AsH-R

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Khaines said:

I asked on the BF Facebook page if she will get any BF livery - unfortunately not.  They used to have their name on the Vitesse.

I remember when they used to change all the posters and brochures between trips. Not just for company branding but to remove adverts for Duty Free. I suppose that distinction is now a thing of the past.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have travelled for many years booking BF via our holiday company and have booked outbound PIP-Ouistreham overnight with the return Cherbourg-PIP on the high-speed. At the end of 2019 I booked for 2020 with an outbound on Bretagne (the offspring were old enough that we felt comfortable getting from Glasgow in a day to check in on time) with a return on NEX; I received an email this week confirming my campsite reservation and I am hoping that the BF/Condor agreement from previous years applies so that we don't need to change our crossings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, elaine80 said:

We have travelled for many years booking BF via our holiday company and have booked outbound PIP-Ouistreham overnight with the return Cherbourg-PIP on the high-speed. At the end of 2019 I booked for 2020 with an outbound on Bretagne (the offspring were old enough that we felt comfortable getting from Glasgow in a day to check in on time) with a return on NEX; I received an email this week confirming my campsite reservation and I am hoping that the BF/Condor agreement from previous years applies so that we don't need to change our crossings.

I believe the Cherbourg High Speeds are bookable through the BF website. However the return crossing from Cherbourg is to POOLE not PIP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we return to Poole would be great - something to look forward to.  Getting back to Bournemouth from Portsmouth in the late evening using public transport is a massive pain in the backside.  Depends what time they leave Portsmouth, it is getting there early enough.  I would love to do it though, Libby to Cherbourg!!

Edited by Khaines
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the CV newsletter

On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, departure will be from Portsmouth at 07:00, arriving in Cherbourg at 11:00. A return service will depart Cherbourg at 11:45, arriving into Poole at 13:15.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, colin said:

From the CV newsletter

On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, departure will be from Portsmouth at 07:00, arriving in Cherbourg at 11:00. A return service will depart Cherbourg at 11:45, arriving into Poole at 13:15.

What are they doing with her in the afternoons? I assume it's a CI run to Guernsey and those to and from Jersey will transfer there.

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

What are they doing with her in the afternoons? I assume it's a CI run to Guernsey and those to and from Jersey will transfer there.

Ed

Who knows maybe go back to the old days where a ship would do a morning run then the Cherbourg ship does an afternoon run. 

 

Maybe Voyager will base in Poole and run a st Malo trip via the islands in the morning then Libby will run an afternoon rotation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Huricane said:

Who knows maybe go back to the old days where a ship would do a morning run then the Cherbourg ship does an afternoon run. 

 

Maybe Voyager will base in Poole and run a st Malo trip via the islands in the morning then Libby will run an afternoon rotation. 

I don't think they'll take Voyager away from St Malo as losing the day trip traffic from St Malo would have a significant financial for both the company and Jersey.

The Manche Iles contrat is up for tender I believe. Those ferries often sit around in St Helier or near Sark during the day. They could certainly provide more crossings for foot passengers but the political situation may not allow them to run to St Malo as it is La Manche which is bankrolling the service. 

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

What are they doing with her in the afternoons? I assume it's a CI run to Guernsey and those to and from Jersey will transfer there.

Ed

On Friday PM she will be working from home

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I don't think they'll take Voyager away from St Malo as losing the day trip traffic from St Malo would have a significant financial for both the company and Jersey.

The Manche Iles contrat is up for tender I believe. Those ferries often sit around in St Helier or near Sark during the day. They could certainly provide more crossings for foot passengers but the political situation may not allow them to run to St Malo as it is La Manche which is bankrolling the service. 

Ed

Very true point..they can just run an afternoon channel islands in the weekend surely. It's the busiest time for travel and a 1500 departure wouldn't work well for a reasonable return from the islands..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tecnosam6 said:

The question is of course: Will Libby be happy to run these trips or will she through a tantrum and go tech? 😂

You never know with her - she has her moments.  But she has been much, much better over the past few years so I think those days are behind her.  She seems to be toeing the line now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep getting advertising emails from Condor, most recent about enjoying Christmas shopping in Guernsey.  Yes I would if the day trips were available!!  Should do a depart Poole at 08.00 and give a good few hours in Guernsey before departing later evening.  Could do Jersey one day, Guernsey the other - alternate days to give people the chance to visit which island they want.  Day trips suit me and many others - a long weekend for me just isn’t practicable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, colin said:

From the CV newsletter

On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, departure will be from Portsmouth at 07:00, arriving in Cherbourg at 11:00. A return service will depart Cherbourg at 11:45, arriving into Poole at 13:15.

Not quite what I was hoping for sadly - no opportunities for day trips.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

Not quite what I was hoping for sadly - no opportunities for day trips.

The old 7pm return from Cherbourg to Portsmouth was perfect for us too, not for day trips but just as a practical departure time. Those were the good old days when BF could simply have a ferry sit around in port doing nothing for most of the day.

Ed

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

Not quite what I was hoping for sadly - no opportunities for day trips.

There could be if you don't mibd returning to Poole as Barflure is operating later in the day..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Those were the good old days when BF could simply have a ferry sit around in port doing nothing for most of the day.

If BF are using Liberation then there's a good chance that's what they will end up with anyway 😆

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chid679 said:

If BF are using Liberation then there's a good chance that's what they will end up with anyway 😆

Oh come on, she’s been a paragon of virtue recently - don’t tempt fate..😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...