Today I...

Dan

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 years later...

Re: Today I...

Woke up around 9 o'clock feeling tired but soon freshened up. Had a breakfast of warm scrambled egg, smoked bacon and hot fresh coffee with a dash of coco powder.

Watched sport in the afternoon and had a light lunch of thin steak slices, onions, gravy and cheese in a toasted bun.

Spent time with friends followed by a roast dinner of Chicken and stuffing followed by jelly and ice cream.

Relaxed this evening, maybe one alcoholic beverage and a continental supper.

Will probably sleep quite late.

Overall a typical, and enjoyable Sunday :-)

Well, seeing as it was Sunday yesterday and I am seeing this Monday morning..

Sunday morning, went to get the papers, sat in Wetherspoons for a coffee and a paper read, walked down the seafront to watch Barfleur go out and carry on with a paper read and a crossword. Pain in the backside drunks made me move to a quieter spot, then once she'd passed walked back into town to Subway, and got narked at the same drunks who were down the beach, one bloke was kicking off. Went home, did housework, went back out to do shopping, then back to the flat to go through rest of papers before a last minute dash to M&S.

Spent evening finishing off papers, crosswords, new levels of Angry Birds, tidying up and watching Last of the Summer Wine, the latter amazingly after all the repeats of it, I saw an episode I hadn't seen before. The women characters always remind me of my grandmother's friends....

Reactivation of a dormant thread after nearly 10 years has to be a new record.

Today I am sat in an office in Farnborough, the sun is shining... and I'm stuck looking at financial spreadsheets.

I'm stuck looking at a vacuum cleaner and the rooms which need its attention, a large bag of stuff to be taken to a charity shop and a picture rail that needs wiping down. Along with a chest of drawers that needs pulling out and hoovering behind and skirting board wiped. Looking at a bed that needs making, a shopping list sitting there and washing to be done. Todays papers to be read, an ipad to be charged.....(L) Today I have - or will have done, that lot!!

Think I best get on and do it then - after the mug of tea sitting in front of me of course...

am regretting trying to curb belly expansion by replacing beer with vodka but drinking it at the same speed.

That's an awesome diet, you'll lose days before you even know it.

am thinking that perhaps with just four adults, the 2 bottles of Malbec with the beef at lunch yesterday should have been enough, and that the 2 bottles of port my son-in-law and I polished off with the cheese course, because the ladies didn't like it, should have been thought about more fully....... why is the Sun so loud this morning??

Allan

....am regretting going into Starbucks after taking some stuff to the charity shop. Meant to be giving up sitting in coffee shops, or cutting down a lot, so that was naughty.

Nice walk along the clifftops back home though - beach is really busy!!

Booked my next two return ferry crossings on Barfleur; did some Spring cleaning; went for a walk in the sunshine; relaxed for an hour on my balcony with a glass of wine; now cooking a roast dinner. La vie est belle!

Regretting just eating a curry due to it playing havoc this very moment with my oesophagitis..... Really wish I could have a Café Zero, problem is they don't sell that in the UK, boohoo...

I've got the Gaviscon handy, on omeprazole tablets for it until an endoscopy. Got to cut out a lot of stuff. Curry was an M&S fruity chicken curry and quite mild so I thought it would be ok. Oh dear....

Got up had coffee and porridge,walked the dog,ran 13 miles,had beans on toast,hang the washing out, ironed for 2 hours, hang more washing out,made the tea,ate the tea,done the dishes,walked the dog now sitting down browsing the web wishing it was June the 24th and wishing I hadn't agreed to a year flying then a year getting the ferry.

(going here http://www.lesgrandspins.com/BIENV_BIENV4_GB.htm )

Archived