Today I...

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today... go-live of a major 7-year project at work after 3 months of planning. Completing on first house purchase with Mrs Jim and collecting the keys.

Tomorrow... sleep. Maybe.

7 year project! The new home sounds nicer good luck with both.

I went for a run it felt all spring like with the lambs,wild garlic and daffies then it started snowing, came home and bought beam benders,kwells and ginger capsules.

Have eaten too much chocolate - one of those large £1 bars of Galaxy Salted Caramels - just cannot eat a few squares and leave it at that!

Me too lindt eggs are my soft spot, although I think I've earned it with the amount of election stuff I posted my feet are pulsing.

I managed a whole Matchmakers egg the other night, I bought one for Easter as I do like anything chocolate mint flavour and these are whole eggs made of Matchmaker chocolate, not just an ordinary shell with a few Matchmakers included. Broke into it during Eastenders one night back in the week and was still pigging it at the 10 o'clock news. My guts were not happy with me during the night, I severely paid for my greed!! Want an After Eight one - hope won't be able to find one....

It was ok but there will be a few bedding-in problems no doubt. There are, apparently about 800 Minx cars of all types on the road and another 200 or so SORN. Out again today with our local, sporty, car group - they have to get used to my more sedate cars.

Woke up 09:00

Had a Twix

Went for a walk whilst charging my new e-cigarette,

Got home had a few puffs on that.

Had tea, chicken beans and fries.

Made some brownies.

Now drinking cocoa (hot).

Apologies for not posting much recently, will try to post a few more and get involved in the discussions.

Having a flat clean up - lay here dossing last night and saw a load of jobs needing doing, So am catching up!! Been looking at the Encore magazine from Condor and making a mental note of all the chocolate, sweets and biscuits I reckon I will get in the shop onboard. I don't buy booze, fags, perfume or make up anyway no matter who I travel with, I tend to zone in on the gifty stuff along wirh edible stuff except booze. So have put an extra shopping bag in my holdall, that is the thing with this new ship, her shop is large, not like the cats, so much more goodies to be found. Oreo gifts for one....

Noticed a certain supermarket beginning with 'M' has a deal on Club biscuits... No you fools! Two orange, two mint and a fruit... Supplies are only for professional reasons, you understand... Writing fodder,I have to feed the brain...!

Arrived at Saint-Malo, drove to Quiberon, Enjoyed 24 degrees in the shade, had a lovely meal and am now on my hotel room balcony overlooking the fishing harbour. With the exchange rate as it is, the room is not much more that £40! The fish market may well interrupt my sleep quite early in the morning. Looking forward to another few days in France, only cloud in the horizon is work on Monday.

Arrived in the garden after no driving. Enjoyed only 22 in the shade, had a lovely meal and now in the garden overlooking the sheep and lambs in the field. Did not cost very much and will only be mildly disturbed by the lambs in the morning. No clouds on the horizon today or any other day.

Sorry elC but I could not resist it :D:D

Quiberon is a lovely place to go for a few days and I do envy you at this time. Hopefully we will have similar weather when we go across on May 11th to stay in Normandy.

Me too! Love Quiberon (but avoid that single road in on busy days!). We have visited many times and I have an aerial photo of the peninsular in the lounge. Never managed to make it to Belle Ile so far though.

Carnac is good too, when we first visited you could wander among the megaliths but no more alas!

Had my ipad go dead on me earlier, was ok before, then went to switch on and nothing but a black screen - panic stations!! Luckily the Apple shop were able to reset it, but the sheer panic was awful. I'd just bought that book about that little April Jones for ferry reading next week on the Liberation, so went home to put that in my travel bag and sit down for a check on the ipad - black screen nothing, even after plugging in. So glad it is working again, but makes you realise how much you depend on these things!! Now sitting having that calming cup of tea in maccys

Archived