Today I...

Dan

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Cycled home (7miles) from work in the sunshine and saw a train not that unusual but it's the first time they have travelled on the Waverley line for 40 plus years as the longest new build railway line in the UK for over 100 years nears completion.

Cycled home (7miles) from work in the sunshine and saw a train not that unusual but it's the first time they have travelled on the Waverley line for 40 plus years as the longest new build railway line in the UK for over 100 years nears completion.

Looks like the Caledonian sleeper? Perhaps the new franchise is taking a slightly different route?

Found out how much of a boat-spotter my son is when he correctly identified the MSM steaming past Sandown from a good 7 miles distance (from the Downs Road on the IOW) , then an hour later repeated the trick by spotting (and correctly identifying) the Bretagne from Ventnor. I feel he's learnt something useful from me :)

Received the request for the balance of the holiday at the start of September. Really looking forward to it as the strike in Ouistreham put paid the other trip. We got a full refund from BF but it was not the same. I had to take 'herself' out for meals for each night that we would have been away!!!!!.

Received the request for the balance of the holiday at the start of September. Really looking forward to it as the strike in Ouistreham put paid the other trip. We got a full refund from BF but it was not the same. I had to take 'herself' out for meals for each night that we would have been away!!!!!.

I had to phone up and pay the balance of my trip apparently BFs system never requested any monies on June the 3rd.

Today I took the car for its mot,Which it happily passed its mot, the old girl is doing me proud. Tried the "bangernomics" route 12 months ago, and the old banger has had zero breakdowns or mechanical repairs, the previous year on a 4 year old leased car I had the AA out 4 times!

Thinking about my next ferry trip. Been recouping the finances and have had a few walking problems again so quite a few health related appointments going on - and a fair bit of discomfort as well!! School holidays as well, normally hide for a few weeks. Need a trip on Barfy.

Bought train tickets from Rouen to Paris for the 26th July finally getting to see Le tour.

Jealous much!

Just hoping that the yellow jersey stops being a bit of a poison chalice! I imagine you'll have to be there relatively early to get a good spot?

Archived