Today I...

Dan

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Today I...

Bought some mussels from the fish market at Ouistreham and cooked them in a white wine sauce for a champagne lunch to celebrate our daughters 18th birthday (last Friday) with her grandmother who we "rescued" from the retirement home for a few hours.

Later had a stroll up and down the rue de la Mer in Riva Bella and indulged in some people watching.

All in all a pretty decent day!

Endoscopy is interesting, the video enables you to be completely up yourself!

Doesn't hurt though.

Had an endoscopy around 1992ish and was told I had a hiatus hernia. Been playing up recently and feels like swallowing hot coals so have to go for another one. Was sedated last one so didn't see anything. Probably overdoing it on the tomatoes.

Up yourself - that is a proctoscopy!!!;)

Flossie - ok now, the Gaviscon is doing it's job, bliss..:D

I'll be interested to see what is giving me this gip.

Well, today I...

Booked a trip on Barf for a couple of weeks time, had a poke round the Condor Express and done some shopping in Poole. Been trying to upload pics of the Condor, but having difficulty uploading at present!!

In between sitting in the garden with cups of tea I have been doing a little light gardening and maintenance on Riley and the A40. We are fortunate to be in the country and the only sounds are those of the birds and the lambs in the field at the bottom of the garden.

PS: A trip to the tip was also accomplished.

I grew up in the Dorset villages and there was often sheep in the field backing onto our house, if it wasn't sheep it was cows. Lovely memories of the lambs bleating for their mothers and vice versa. Loads of birds, if I ever hear a singing blackbird I always have to stop and listen, my mind is cast back to the 70s!! There was a Farmer Palmers enclosure in Poole the other day, there were lambs, chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs, lovely for the kids - and some adults, as my friend used to have guinea pigs.

Today I spent the day at work again, now been fighting with Iberia's online check in facility wondering why it (like most aspects of this airline) does not work!

Had the same problem a few weeks ago - however my Business Class A340 flight from Madrid was surprisingly good!

Back on thread :P

Today was my day off .... so I went to Cowes - outbound on RJ4 back on the new (neo?) Red Falcon. Fairly impressed with the 'new car' smell - but there were little things like the trimming on the bulkhead above the foot pax staircase hanging loose, apparent leak in the Gents' toilets, lack of payment facilities at the 'Ship Stores' facility (shouldn't it be Ship's Store?) which took the shine off the experience.

Den

Woke up, had a mug or two of tea, egg on toast, then spent most of the day in the cool sunshine fixing / servicing a canal boat near Stratford in Warwickshire, before driving down to Boreham wood this evening after the rush hour to drop the keys back to the owner and give them the good news that all was tickety boo!

Posted on my timeline in Facebook - unfortunately I was mistaken and was not on my own timeline but a ferry page's...:$8-)

Luckily the post was ferry related!! Not the first time I've done that either.

Woke up to the sound of two cats fighting outside.

Arose around half 9 again, 3 bowls of ricicles and a pint of strawberry Crusha . Watched television for 3 hours.

Had a lunch of tinned fish, tinned new potatoes and brown sauce.

Listened to music and pottered around till evening.

Bacon and chips for tea and relaxed for the rest of the day.

Overall a very good Friday.

Enjoyed a leisurely breakfast with a pot of coffee, met an old friend, met a new friend and later four of us went out on the water for a fast, off- the -wind sail along the coast, surfing at times taking advantage of the strong spring tides , flat sea and fair breeze.

A glass or two of red wine when all safely alongside...

Just have to batter our way home Saturday.....

Woke up at 9am. Tired and in need of coffee.

Had no coffee or milk so drank warm water and sugar instead.

Watched TV for 4.5 hours.

Lunch of hard boiled egg, tinned sardines and an apple.

Went for a walk for ten minutes, visited a friend and listened to music.

Evening meal of 2 Ginsters cornish pasties a splash of gravy and bread and butter pudding for dessert.

TV + argument with the Mrs.

Heartburn.

Bed.

A typical bank holiday Monday for me.

Woke up at 9am. Tired and in need of coffee.

Had no coffee or milk so drank warm water and sugar instead.

Watched TV for 4.5 hours.

Lunch of hard boiled egg, tinned sardines and an apple.

Went for a walk for ten minutes, visited a friend and listened to music.

Evening meal of 2 Ginsters cornish pasties a splash of gravy and bread and butter pudding for dessert.

TV + argument with the Mrs.

Heartburn.

Bed.

A typical bank holiday Monday for me.

No wonder you argued with the Mrs if she gave you 2 Ginsters for tea, come west and have a proper pasty.

• 2 weeks later...

No wonder you argued with the Mrs if she gave you 2 Ginsters for tea, come west and have a proper pasty.

haha Solo - I know. Not sure why she bought Ginsters that day we never have them for tea usually.

Had a funny one today, the Mrs bought me a tin of Spam and said "do what you want with it" (she's not here to cook dinner.) Needless to say I ate it cold between two heavilly buttered slices of bread.

Today I....

Changed the most ridiculously positioned air filter I've ever come across. Normal car 10 mins, so I started with a little spare time, turned out a lot of spare time was needed, this one took me two hours.

Needed to remove wiper arms, scuttle panel, cabin air intake, before even getting to the air filter box. My father in law who was helping said only the French could put an airbox in such a silly place. It's behind the engine rather than at the front on every other car I've done

The engine....PSA group 1.6 HDI.

Archived