• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Today I...

I think this thread is almost as old as Facebook. There's around 2 months difference.

Today I am.... having my last working day before hitting the age of 30, and will spend most of the weekend using the milestone as an excuse to catch up with good friends with a pint or two of magical falling over water.

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up at my regular time (betweteen 9 and 10.)

Had a breakfast of dry toast and unsweetened black coffee.

Watched Thunderbirds for half an hour.

Lunch of ham sandwiches followed by angel delight.

Watched an old episode of the Krypton Factor and more TV.

An evening meal of steak and jacket potatoes. Finished off the rest of my angel delight.

Watched TV in the evening.

No supper, straight to bed.

A rather average, but pleasant Saturday.

Today I did a supermarket shop, before Horn Blast was even up, get in Asda early before it gets busy!

Played on euro truck simulator thanks to a thread on here, after a few months without playing it!

Tried to plan my next few trips away without much success,

Normally up and out earlier than either of you at around 6.30, but this morning had a lie in, didn't go out til after 9. In subway drinking coffee and reading the papers usually first thing. Shops are lovely and quiet, so are the roads, lots of birdsong.

Only spoilt by the occasional dregs of the previous night's clubbing who haven't given up the ghost yet.

Normally up and out earlier than either of you at around 6.30, but this morning had a lie in, didn't go out til after 9. In subway drinking coffee and reading the papers usually first thing. Shops are lovely and quiet, so are the roads, lots of birdsong.

Only spoilt by the occasional dregs of the previous night's clubbing who haven't given up the ghost yet.

6:30, that's not earlier than me! Alarm is 6am during the week, but weekends my body naturally wakes at that time without alarm!

6:30, that's not earlier than me! Alarm is 6am during the week, but weekends my body naturally wakes at that time without alarm!
Oops should have made myself clearer - up and OUT by 6.30. My body clock unfortunately is around 5.00, whether I like it or not, summer as well as winter. Comes from my grandmother always being up at 4.00, by 5 she well into her housework, brushes and mops going crazy.

Elderly lady below me has a similar timetable, and her sweeping and cleaning starts at around 4-5, before then she is in her bathroom doing her ablutions, and her gas heater firing on and off acts as my alarm, must hear it subconsciously in my sleep, first sound I hear on waking is that below, lol!!(L)

Oops should have made myself clearer - up and OUT by 6.30. My body clock unfortunately is around 5.00, whether I like it or not, summer as well as winter. Comes from my grandmother always being up at 4.00, by 5 she well into her housework, brushes and mops going crazy.

Elderly lady below me has a similar timetable, and her sweeping and cleaning starts at around 4-5, before then she is in her bathroom doing her ablutions, and her gas heater firing on and off acts as my alarm, must hear it subconsciously in my sleep, first sound I hear on waking is that below, lol!!(L)

My previous work I started at 5am. I don't know how I managed it. I work 9-5 these days, my two girls wake up around 630, and I liked to be up and showered before they wake up.

Recovering myself today - I do a lot of dance workouts, and tweaked a hip muscle yesterday evening. This morning hobbled to the pier instead of my usual stroll, haven't tweaked anything around 20 years!!

Well I arose later than ususal today so wen't straight out to the bank, food shop followed by a relaxing chat with a work colleague.

Ate a quarter pounder cheeseburger from McDonalds and then felt implied to cross the road and order popcorn chicken from KFC. Small portion but enjoyable nevertheless.

Return home not eaten yet - got some angel delight and a 3 day old sandwich to get through though.

Been trying to find a photo on my old memory cards without luck. What I did succeed in, is getting one card stuck in the reader slot on my laptop, and it took 20 minutes of tweezers and an assortment of knives to get it out. And the pictures didn't load, so am going to go to Boots to see if the self service machines will load them, and while I'm at it transfer the images onto a flash drive!!

Yes, it is rather fun. Shoutbox was too short and set apart from the forum. Don't think you could edit there either. the more lightheartedness the better!!

What isn't fun is the coughing fit I have just had to be up and on the laptop at this hour of the morning. Had to get up and make a coffee, might as well poke around here....