Today I...

Dan

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Today I...

Am not looking forward to the gastroscopy tomorrow. Not so much the procedure, but the flippin nil by mouth bit beforehand which means no coffee, or anything else until afterwards. Bear with sore head tomorrow morning then...(L)

Found out I have an ulcerated hiatus hernia - explains why pickled onions ate like little fireballs, then. Got to go back and have another scopy done in 6 weeks. Orrible, orrible procedure!!!

My step-son came and helped me give my, rather large and very strong, pussy cat a tablet. (Her first visit to the vet cost £383) Was dropped off on the seafront and went for a 'full english' with views of the IOW.

Woke up at my usual time and drank a glass of neat water.

Traveled around trhe house did some cleaning and made the place look nice.

Had dinner, beef burger, mash and gravy (French style.)

Did some internet research in the afternoon, chilled out and enjoyed the weather.

Evening meal of hod dogs followed by jelly and ice cream.

A few light beers, bit more relaxing and here I am,

Overall a rather enjoyable Sunday! :-)

Yesterday, I....

Overslept and day went downhill from the moment I got out of bed. First, got back home after getting papers and finding out the sound on my computer monitor wasn't working - it was two days ago. So had to fish an external speaker system out of the depths of a cupboard to connect up to see if they produced sound and my sound card wasn't kaput. Worked so went back out for coffee as was narked. Forgot keys - luckily had spare set. Did housework and went shopping. Thought I'd chill out with another coffee, realised on sitting in Costa that I'd left my ipad at home:@. The early issues with the tower pc, every time I switch that on I get reminded exactly why I got the laptop!!

Decided that I shouldn't have got out of bed that morning so had a bath, stuck Springwatch webcam on the TV, made a coffee and got back in there!! Went out for a coffee in kfc later, but i really hope that today is a bit better!!(L)

Today I.... have come to London for the second week in a row where the meeting I'm here for has been cancelled with less than an hour's notice.

If this happens next week I won't be too concerned as will just have arrived in Bilbao :)

Well this is my 100th post so I thought I'd mark it in my favourite thread and give you guys an insight into what I have done today:

Woke up at my usual time straight up out of bed and met a lukewarm shower. Enjoted the sun.

Lunch: John west tinned sardines, batchelors chicken supernoodles, vienetta.

Spent the afternoon/evening watching sport and snacking on hotdogs, crisps and pizza.

Now I feel happy, watching football and pondering my next holiday.

100 posts so all good, really enjoying the forum, topics and conversations - so heres to another 100.

Thanks everyone :-)

Horn Blast.

Got a lovely photo in an email from my friend in Cherbourg who does my driving. It was taken from his boat with his wife and two children in it. With Barfleur in the background, excellent. Must pop over for a visit, have a run round Tatihou with the kids!!

Went to the beach, had lunch there (yes, I live in Melbourne), and forgot to check the Port of Melbourne website to check just WHICH of the two identical Bass Strait ferries I was seeing...

• 1 month later...

Well this forum seems to have gone really quiet of late - surprising during peak season.

Anyway today I arose at 0930 - worked all day, ate very little (a bag of rowntree randoms) and went to the gym.

Not too exciting at all.

Been paying the price for still being able to dance to Madness and Bad Manners at a tribute gig, yep it hurts. Unfortunately no longer have a pork pie hat, but can still dance, now my calves feel like stiff board, but what the heck!!

Better now - forgot to add, dropped my purse into my coffee at Subway earlier not wise, apart from that, nowt except a foray to Costa and M&S. Do hope the weather isn't too bad for the air festival. Saw the two Lancasters go over yesterday, they have the Canadian one here this year as well as the BBMF one. They went over quite low, and did a pass along the beach, well impressive.

Better now - forgot to add, dropped my purse into my coffee at Subway earlier not wise, apart from that, nowt except a foray to Costa and M&S. Do hope the weather isn't too bad for the air festival. Saw the two Lancasters go over yesterday, they have the Canadian one here this year as well as the BBMF one. They went over quite low, and did a pass along the beach, well impressive.

The two Lancasters did Dawlish air festival at the weekend. Seen some excellent pics on Flickr

Archived