Re: Today I...

Read Mer et Marine & cried a little

Nothing too distressing, I hope, and, if so, I apologise for the light hearted nature of the following, but I felt that 'Read Mer & Marine & cried a little' sounded like a good song title. Puts me in mind of a Linda Ronstadt title from long ago. So sad that she can no longer sing.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked today.

Day off tomorrow, planning a late night. Not checked the site for a few days so making a few contributions to a lot of new threads that have either sprung up or been bumped.

Enjoying a quiet beer, no food reports due to eating little due to diet - I have lost over half a stone in a month.

Hope everyone is OK

So far - up with indigestion!! Went for what is called a mammogram yesterday at Poole Hospital in the evening and due to the appointment time didn't eat at my normal time, choosing to pop into Macs in Poole for some lattice fries post appointment after a wander round Sainsbury's. Not filling enough, so ate stupid things like pot desserts I bought and cheese, so am paying for it now!! Aero dessert, banana, handful of grated cheese, lattice fries, and another muller rice, oh dear.....

Today I went over the water on the ferry from Plymouth - no, not to Roscoff, we took the ferry to Cremyll, the service which they say has been running since the 12 th century, although "Northern Belle" is a mere 85 years old.

Lunch at "The View" overlooking Whitsand Bay - and recommended to you all. So two websites there for you to look at if you aren't able to go.

Picked up new car (yeh) I've done 350 miles already!. Took the snow monster for her first look at the beach and IKEA carpark.

Booked BFE trip for 10th Oct.

Started to rummage for warm clothes for Norfolk Broads.

Oh yeah, came to work.

Am planning to book Waverley to Yarmouth. Working out the next trip on Barfleur as school hols are over, and trying to decide if it is worth a stopover in Cowes to see Oasis of the Seas next month or just do a day trip as before. Lots of ship related thoughts and they are getting muddled up with each other so need sorting out.

Apart from that, why do several pairs of shoes give up the ghost at once - got to buy several new pairs, so shoe shopping. Tired as well, as for some reason not sleeping properly, so trying to stay awake!!

Just a bit... I'm sure Sheffield and Paris have their differences too!

Just one or two ! ;)

Spent an hour upon arrival on the phone to Virgin Media getting the connection activated...pretty sure I was hung up on at one point!

No idea what the above is off the top of my head, pfrd... I am sure googling it would help but that would be cheating!

The AC stands for air conditioning - the NC stands for National Certificate? Middle letters no idea.....

National College for Heating Ventilating and Fan Engineering - now part of University of the South Bank.

Have been extremely narked off with mobile broadband - my 3g connection in Bournemouth is loading very slow, IE connects then the page stays white for ages before content loads. Been like this for a while. Bad enough news today, and 3g playing silly beggars now, sitting in Subway using the ipad and free wifi....:@:@:@

Roll on Waverley and Yarmouth!!