Today I...

Dan

Re: Today I...

We got a 2012 1.6 diesel Focus titanium at the start of the year bloody great car loaded with toys and still over 150 miles of cheap french diesel in it when I get home from Plymouth.

This Seat is loaded with toys, I keep finding things by pressing buttons to see what they do! So far I've found cruise control, a 6cd changer, traction control switch, as well as full digital climate control and 4 electric windows (1 window doesn't work though)

We've had cars on 6-12 month leases for the last 5 years, but decided it was a lot of money we've been throwing away doing leases.

It's 11 years old but nicer to drive and more equipped than any of the brand new cars I've had in recent times.

It also has a folder with every mot certificate, invoice and garage bill from new.

Very happy having only cost me a grand.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Seat is loaded with toys, I keep finding things by pressing buttons to see what they do! So far I've found cruise control, a 6cd changer, traction control switch, as well as full digital climate control and 4 electric windows (1 window doesn't work though)

We've had cars on 6-12 month leases for the last 5 years, but decided it was a lot of money we've been throwing away doing leases.

It's 11 years old but nicer to drive and more equipped than any of the brand new cars I've had in recent times.

It also has a folder with every mot certificate, invoice and garage bill from new.

Very happy having only cost me a grand.

I'd get that window checked out while it's under some form of used guarantee! (H)

Not happy - HSBC are closing the last bank in Lee - have rarely been there without a queue. These banks leave me wondering where they are at.

Have had private and business accounts with them for many years - don't really want to go to Gosport and never want to go to Fareham.

Barclays have turned all the counters into computer terminals, apart from a business counter, I go to Westbourne when I can now as they have proper counters. Don't like putting a credit card slip in an envelope with cash and just putting it in a box. Prefer to get it stamped at a counter in case of any dispute regarding when I paid it, bank stamp has a date on my counterfoil stub, boxes don't tend to do that.

Barclays have turned all the counters into computer terminals, apart from a business counter, I go to Westbourne when I can now as they have proper counters. Don't like putting a credit card slip in an envelope with cash and just putting it in a box. Prefer to get it stamped at a counter in case of any dispute regarding when I paid it, bank stamp has a date on my counterfoil stub, boxes don't tend to do that.

They've done this in Worcester as well and they just have the 'welcome people' standing around with an iPad in their hand. :-/

How much do other banks charge to process bills if you don't have an account, I know there is some kind of charge, but depending on how much it is, I would prefer to go to another bank which has counters and make proper transactions. Not being a technophobe or anything, I'll happily deposit cash in my account using the terminals, but when it comes to paying credit card bills I like to have bills stamped for proof. The little tear off slips have a number on, but I want the date stamped so if there is any dispute I have the proof of the date on the stamp.

One pestered my with his ipad as I was waiting at the business counter - Westbourne branch told me I actually have a choice to use the business counter if I want to pay the old way, but this chap quibbled with me telling me he could help me do this and that. No pal, I want to pay THIS way, ok, and he would not go away, so in the end I said forget it, do you know what I'll go to Westbourne, and huffed off!! Feel sorry for the very elderly as these terminals must be so confusing for them, they are confusing enough for us younger folk!!

How much do other banks charge to process bills if you don't have an account, I know there is some kind of charge, but depending on how much it is, I would prefer to go to another bank which has counters and make proper transactions.

Changing banks cost nothing though. Open an account elsewhere if you don't like how your own bank operate is always an option?

Been with Barclays since the late 70s, though, Rich, don't really want to change just for that, could change and the new bank does exactly the same!! Got a good standing with Barclays, but the new terminals are just such a pain, think they might do away with them if enough people don't like them.

Been with Barclays since the late 70s, though, Rich, don't really want to change just for that, could change and the new bank does exactly the same!! Got a good standing with Barclays, but the new terminals are just such a pain, think they might do away with them if enough people don't like them.

I'm afraid they'll be here to stay. Barclays are changing 10-20 branches a month to fit the new machines at the moment

Been with HSBC since the mid-80s. They are closing the Lee on the Solent branch - the last bank in Lee. Can't understand it because it seems to be busy every time I go there. Lots of local traders are upset (there are nearly 100 in Lee). This means bus rides to Gosport or Fareham.

Had a coach return from Swanage yesterday due to Waverley nor being able to dock at Bournemouth due to low water. Reminded me how much I hate coaches, and why I prefer the sea crossing to Swanage. Shorly after leaving Swanage felt really ill and first thing I had to do when getting off at Bournemouth was find some loos!! The outward trip on her was great, but coach travel ever since I was small have been beset with travel sickness. Should have just said that forget the coach I'll find my own way back via the train, but thought it would be ok, wrong, lol!!

This is not my favourite thread, but ........

It's neap tides at the moment (ask Skipcool), Mrs FW is in Germany playing with grandchildren so with high tide in the Emsworth bit of Chichester harbour at around 06h30 this morning I set the alarm for five and was on my 22 foot Seal day boat half an hour later (cost £1000 on Ebay). There was a good north easterly blowing so it was out to the harbour entrance on a broad reach, and an exciting close haul back. Just me, five friendly seals and the best seat in the house to watch the sun rise over Thorney Island - pure pleasure and it doesn't need to cost a fortune!

Back to reality, made sure the house was spotless for her return, now on the MSM enjoying prawns, poached salmon and half a bottle of Muscadet all for £17.73 with the Club Voyage 10% discount. Onward to the free day cabin for a kip before the drive tonight to Roscoff and work tomorrow.

Ps my little boat is called sanity - sometimes it helps me keep mine .....;)

Been arguing with the 3g coverage for ages now where I live, been really iffy, so got a 4g Osprey mobile wifi from EE, brilliant it is, but got sworn at last night, just been swearing at the wifi in Subway, now ensconced in Starbucks, luckily all fine and dandy here!! Got an appointment this morning then will maybe watch Waverley from the clifftops.

Archived