Today I...

Dan

Am having withdrawal symptoms of the weekend - from the beautiful Carabosse Fire Gardens in Bournemouth on Friday and Saturday, like being at a festival at night, heaving with people, good music, all ages down there. Totally in awe, French company too!!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does take some getting used to I'm afraid - and admit I was the same at first. Unfortunately our old design wasn't one that could be saved easily from the old forums. (See 'BFE - What happened?' thread to understand more and that it's more out of necessity than choice!)

That said, if anyone out there is a dab had at CSS and fancies giving it a try, please drop me a message.

• 2 weeks later...

Am debating if it is a good idea to email someone, I"m in a dilemma if it is a good idea or not, wibbling about it for ages, typical of me. Still buzzing about the Oasis, saw someone with an Oasis of the Seas blue bomber jacket on in EE shop, wanted to have a natter but he was busy being served.

Am making the most of beng 51 for the next few hours for tomorrow I will be 52. Hang on, will get an extra hour of being 51 as the clocks go back tonight so if I put mine back at midnight. Bet I'll forget anyway and wake up thinking it is 7.am......😆

Full English somewhere tomorrow morning methinks - one of the few times of the year I allow it!!

Today I am enjoying the last few hours of being 51 for tomorrow I will be 52, but if I can squeeze an extra hour tonight if I put the clock back an hour at midnight, probably forget and wake up at 6 thinking it is 7...😆

Reminiscing about things that felt like happened only a few months ago and it was about 10 years!! Mostly been thinking about the past year like a lot of people do, the highs and lows and hopes for the year ahead. In my personal case the highs have been the acquisition of the new Condor trimaran - although that was muted with James F leaving the company ( Gives Mr F a wave wherever you are ;)). Another high was the Oasis, but plenty pf other little things that warm the cockles like finding the Subway in Cherbourg, hehe!! Silly stuff.

Lows have to be the health problems I have been having with an ulcerated oesaphagus and two endoscopies which were hardly a bundlle of joy, and realising that some foods I like are now off limits. ( or they are most of the time!!). Mostly health concerns.

Seasickness on Barfleur recently - hmmmmmm, put that down to "what the heck happened there!!"

Today I.......logged back into here after being away for a week or so...and thought.....YUK!!.....suppose i'll get used to the lay out though!

Hi Jim,

I wondered what happened as well. Would like to read about it but where is this thread "BFE what happened?". Thanks

Wish I'd wrote the mobile number down of a phone call I had last Tuesday. Did 1471 at the weekend to check if someone had called me, no, last number was this O2 number back from a week ago called in the morning when I was out. (Shows how often I remember to check!!). Was going to write it down, but Mum called before I gotba chance so the last number is hers.... All I remember is the 07776, fat lot of good.

Bugging me.... No message left.

Just had a day out in Dorchester, loved seeing the deepest Dorset countryside from the train, it warmed the cockles, but the journey back home and the emergence of Poole Harbour after passimg Wareham, it is just so beautiful.

Archived