Today I...

Dan

Today I... finally got a diagnosis on a long-term wrist problem. The only thing was the consultant couldn't log on to their computer so the diagnosis was given based on a photo of an MRI on my phone which is also my Twitter profile picture. An interesting start to Monday.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
A week in a fancy caravan for a week in Les mouettes and a club cabin out on Armorique and a club cabin back on the pont was a nice prize can't believe I actually won it!

Congratulations again, it will be great ;)

Spotted a kingfisher in central Bournemouth Square. Thought it was a bit of iridescent blue material caught on a branch till it flew off. No fish in that pond though, council are often draining it and cleaning it, so bird is on a hiding to nothing fishing there, there are tiny fish in the stream near the Pavilion though - he might work it out...

Got told by the man at BT that I couldn't have a new customer broadband deal as they were "only to get new customers signed up" so I left BT and got free broadband elsewhere and £110 Quidco and a £50 M&S voucher, shame really as I had been with them a while.

Remember going into EE/T-Mobile shops and getting pestered by staff every time I went in there to sign up for their fixed broadband line and they'd take over the line from BT. I was always asked what I pay for my phone line and I always knew what was coming next. I was quoted around £19 as opposed to the much more I pay BT. But what they didn't tell me at that time was it was only for a few months and it would go up to around £24 after that! I only found out as I insisted on them giving me a printout of the offer they had on their screen, saw the 'catches' while looking at home. Another thing is that they take over the line, but if you want things like 1471, or answering services, these are extra, so you end up paying, I worked out, not much difference.

I am still with BT for my phone line, got no quibbles in general, but am narked at EE staff trying to get me to switch to them every time I go in to get a top up or query my mobile broadband device problems if I have any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am yet having another stupid night of feeling very tired very early and not being able to stay awake, hence having an early night and being awake at stupid o'clock. TV news on mute as am in a block of flats (or barely audible and don't want to wake the lucky beggars who ARE getting a full night's kip). Thank goodness for Angry Birds, a few pages of Valerie Trierweiler's book and yesterdays newspaper crosswords. And of course the soundtrack of club chucking out time which is very similar in sound between either a school playground or Monkey World!!

Archived