Ok, we have discussed our favourite BF ferries and reminisced over our first ferry crossings, so heres another one to think about; Which ferry company do you think has the best livery, and furthermore, on which vessel do you think it is displayed to its full potential??

To start the ball rolling, maybe Im biased but I think that the Brittany Ferries livery is the best, and suits the Bretagne perfectly.

Close second would have to be Irish Ferries, which looks great on Ulysees

Re: Favourite Livery

Wow what a good topic!

Have a few opinions on this!

Fav livery of all time was the Brittany Ferries late 70's livery - blue band and orange logo on the funnel with blue and orange stripes from bow to stern of the hulls. Even made the Cornouailles look half acceptable. The Armorique looked like a mini-liner!

When the words Brittany Ferries were added the Prince of Brittany and Goelo really suited the livery.

The 1990's livery - it made the Quiberon look bigger than it really was!

Today's aweful font only seems to look good on the Normandie Express with its wavey lines!

Fav non Brittany Ferries livery was the last livery used by Hoverspeed on their Dover SeaCats, I thought that the flag looked (somehow) quite effective!

For me, I think the Maersk Norfolkline livery looks great, so long as they're not rusty, as well as the P&o livery.

I think the P&O livery makes the ships look smart. The livery that the ships has a few years ago made them all look dull.m (If you followed that!)

There are so many!....

I like Seafrance livery on all the Seafrance ships (there isn't any variation so it looks the same on every ship).

The old BF livery on Duc de Normandie and Barfleur and the new BF livery on PA, Coutanes and NEX (mainly because of cool wavy lines).

The Truckline Barfleur Livery.

Other favorites are the Fjord Norway one, the Hoverspeed 2005 livery and the AT Ferries livery with the leaf.

It's a tough one, I think the livery actually depends which ship it is on. For example, Bretagne suits the older BF livery, but as has been sent Pont suits the new. Must say that I think BF's is my favourite, the PLA's funnel needs stripes thou! - But bring back the Barf in Truckline colours!

I liked the P&O blue livery - was very eye catching, and if you were a ship in the distance, you would know it was a P&O Ferry! I also like the new POferries.com livery - looks very smart on the ships, both liveries look good on Pride of Bilbao, but the old P&O livery looked best on the olaus, without the www.poportsmouth.com web address.

I also like the new BF livery, looking good on Normandie. I think the logo for the 70s ships - Quiberon,Duc de Normandie etc was too small, they could of easily made it a bit bigger.

I think i'm going to have to say Brittany Ferries has the best livery for me - look really great on Normandie!

Because overall i think the livery is good and bold and stands out!

And i think it looks good on the Normandie because i think it's one of the most attractive vessels i've ever seen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why the latest BF livery no longer has the stripes going all the way around the bow? Normandie still has the bow stripes but I'm assuming that these were the existing stripes and it just got the new lettering on the side. Pont Aven, Pont l'Abbe and Coutances just have the stripes on the sides - they look like big stickers that can only go on a flat surface!

It just seems to be part of it when it's been applied to the Pont Aven and Coutances... as for PLA, she was painted alongside the quay making the bow difficult to access I'd guess... but, every ship has always had it's unique stripe arrangement, and I guess they could have removed Normandie's if they'd wanted...

• 6 years later...

Favourite BF livery was period 1984-2004'ish'.

Looked great on Val de Loire, Normandie and Bretagne especially.

Other vessels, tough one - because I genuinely think BF still look the best - although I like the liveries of Viking Line and Silja Line.

• 2 years later...

Biased of course I always prefer Brittany Ferries livery, especially the one that ran through the 90's. Each ship had its own individual striping, such as Bretagne's Z stripe for instance.

The logo and font that ran (as quoted from above) from 84-04 looked much better than the current typeface and slightly amended logo. What disapointed me recently was how over recent years some of the ships have lost their individual striping and markings leaving the minimalist white cruise ship look, however in my opinion vessels such as Normandie and Bretagne don't look as good.

After seeing the preview ships of the Pegasus vessel I also got the impression that BF were considering getting rid of the striping surrounding the typeface on the structure of the vessels.

Other ferry liveries I admire are Viking Line, Silja, Irish Ferries and believe it or not - DFDS Seaways!