Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anov

[PHOTOS] - Cotentin > First day in Cherbourg!

Re: [PHOTOS] - Cotentin > First day in Cherbourg!

Many thanks for the pics... excellent.

It is a rather colourful interior..... reminded me of some pics of another ferry id seen before (Click!)

Many thanks for the pics... excellent.

It is a rather colourful interior..... reminded me of some pics of another ferry id seen before (Click!)

They certainly did like their stripes!

Does anyone think the Armorique's interior will be similar (up until a point of course)?

Isn't it funny, all that dark wood panelling and brown, reds, oranges and funny looking chairs - looks like the stuff they ripped out of the Quiberon after a few seasons' service!! Very 70s!

Interior photographs are now available in the gallery

Brilliant shots!!!!! You were invited at the launch party? Too bad I could'nt be there I was working... :(

They certainly did like their stripes!

Does anyone think the Armorique's interior will be similar (up until a point of course)?

Probably a similar kind of styling, I think there will be a lot of open plan space onboard... but as for the colour scheme that remains to be seen. I think the Orange works quite well on Cotentin but it seems quite bold compared to the Pont-Aven - I guess it remains to be seen how well it ages.

She looks like a starved dog...you can see her bones though the steelwork. she will only last 20 years...

but who cares, Brittany Ferries did not pay for the ship... french tax-payers did.

She looks like a starved dog...you can see her bones though the steelwork. she will only last 20 years...

but who cares, Brittany Ferries did not pay for the ship... french tax-payers did.

Oh dear, still bitter about Celtic Link not starting a service ! I think French taxpayers probably have a lot more concerns about other pressures on their tax than Brittany Ferries. Of course, BF will be making the majority of the revenue needed to charter and run the ship from the British travellers who use the routes that BF operate on. A little less for the French tax-payer to worry about funding !

I have already uploaded some photos into the gallery, but here are a few more, in monochrome for a change as I think they suit the dull and blustery conditions yesterday.

Oh dear, still bitter about Celtic Link not starting a service ! I think French taxpayers probably have a lot more concerns about other pressures on their tax than Brittany Ferries. Of course, BF will be making the majority of the revenue needed to charter and run the ship from the British travellers who use the routes that BF operate on. A little less for the French tax-payer to worry about funding !

Still a little unsure about ship financing? Isn't it BAI, Banks and the Départements that fund the ships?

One of the grey areas that opens BF up to all those claims of illegal subsidy ! I always understood that the Depts and banks were the backers for the various companies that owned the ships, Senamanche etc, who in turn chartered on a long term footing to BF. A merry go round of money which must be a dream for an accountant.

The suggestion that the French taxpayers are funding the building of ships is extreme. They may well be contributing to the costs of employing seaman by the government reducing social charges but that is not unheard of in other industries or countries. Whatever cost there has been to the country, it is more than made up for by the income of the tourism and the spending of the employees.

One of the grey areas that opens BF up to all those claims of illegal subsidy ! I always understood that the Depts and banks were the backers for the various companies that owned the ships, Senamanche etc, who in turn chartered on a long term footing to BF. A merry go round of money which must be a dream for an accountant.

The suggestion that the French taxpayers are funding the building of ships is extreme. They may well be contributing to the costs of employing seaman by the government reducing social charges but that is not unheard of in other industries or countries. Whatever cost there has been to the country, it is more than made up for by the income of the tourism and the spending of the employees.

I always thought that the companies like Senamanche were third "owned" each by BAI, the banks and the departmentes?