Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy

2007 Santander Results

The Santander route fared extreemly well last year:

The UK-Spanish ferry route linking Plymouth with Santander, served by French operator Brittany Ferries, enjoyed the third best year in its history last year, according to a Spanish news report. The company put on 83 sailings in 2007, 74 of them using the 41,000gt ro-ro Pont Aven and nine with the 24,000gt Bretagne. Only one sailing was cancelled, in December, because of bad weather. An average load in 2007 comprised 1,929 passengers, 459 cars and 699 tonnes of freight. The passenger total was 160,945 – beaten only in 1994 (168,496 passengers) and 1996 with 162,551.

Re: 2007 Santander Results

That's still a stunningly good occupancy for the ship - bet the rest of the fleet doesn't run at that sort of occupancy. No wonder parts of the PA look like they need replacing (ie, the chairs in the bar).

I'm still surprised that BF haven't introduced a friday night round trip to spain using the Pont Aven... it's not as if the Pont Aven Roscoff trips are needed to up capacity anymore...

I'm still surprised that BF haven't introduced a friday night round trip to spain using the Pont Aven... it's not as if the Pont Aven Roscoff trips are needed to up capacity anymore...

That would mean loosing the Roscoff-Cork service. Pont L'Abbe operates Friday night from Plymouth.

The only overnight sailing that the Pont Aven does is Tuesday night Roscoff-Plym.

Because she sails to Cork on Friday night! We have one sailing a week (with even better loads than Spain), BF ain't leaving Cork any time soon...

Why don't they do the Cork run more often? Get another ship to cover it a bit more frequently? I know Irish Ferries do the same route but I'm not sure how frequent they are?

Why don't they do the Cork run more often? Get another ship to cover it a bit more frequently? I know Irish Ferries do the same route but I'm not sure how frequent they are?

The Pont's extra speed was was supposed to allow an extra Cork trip mid week, but the high fuel bill put an end to the plan...

Oscar Wilde is sailing from Rosslare to either Roscoff or Cherbourg every second day, and the Diplomat heads to Cherbourg every second day also.

The Armorique could in theory be used to provide a second Cork sailing during the week. If she sailed on a Tuesday for example a Plymouth/Roscoff service would be maintained with the Pont-Aven.

Yeh what I meant was for the Roscoff ship to do the Cork round trip at the weekend...

Interesting to think 12 years ago BF were doing 3 Cork round trips a week with the Val De Loire and Duchesse Anne!