I've just posted the following to FONE

EUROFERRIES HAVE STATED THAT THEY ARE NOT BUST

http://ademdjemil.co.uk/blog/?p=1867

http://eastcliffrichard.blogspot.com/

I've removed the original posts in this thread to avoid getting threatening

emails.

Though as Euroferries are quite happy to speak publicly to deny that there

are problems - perhaps they can also answer all the questions that have made

people raise doubts that the service isn't in a position to begin?

They are still taking bookings for 14 November - something which at this

stage seems almost impossible to manage - again I'd welcome comments from

Euroferries to dispell my doubts.

Do we also know who is currently behind Euroferries? Is Geoffrey Ede still

being mentioned?

Adrian Gillan previously confirmed Euroferries were buying the SPRIT OF

ONTARIO....

Cheers

Gary

Re: EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Though as Euroferries are quite happy to speak publicly to deny that there

are problems - perhaps they can also answer all the questions that have made people raise doubts that the service isn't in a position to begin

It is very easy to threaten legal action.....

Exactly the sort of response that will make people feel even less certain that this operation will get off the ground.

Rather than providing evidence and confirmation that they are a serious concern, this simply sounds like a petulant reaction to quite justified concerns and speculation. Have they offered any proof that they are better placed than Speedferries, an operator the size of Seafrance who are struggling, any number of low cost airlines or even the mighty BA who are forced to radically restructure in the face of a recession where leisure travel is utterly price sensitive and where the public are not going to part with their cash if there is the merest hint that they might lose it?

Sorry EF but you appear to be playing into the hands of every person who speculated about your intentions and then gradually began to challenge your credentials. A real own goal.

Naturally these views are my own and in no way represent the views of BFenthusiasts or it's staff ! ! :-)

The events from the last couple of days make it seem obvious that someone, somewhere in the Euroferries organisation reads what's written about them online. It just seems a shame that very little in the way of positive communication seems to be coming from them - something which personally I hold somewhat key to any trust a brand gets.

Sorry since I posted the above they have changed the selection of the 14 web-cams they have and the picture which appeared to confirm the evidence of the map isn't being shown :(

Could I suggest a look at the webcams here you will need to watch for a few mins as they click through in conjunction with the map here

Unfortunately the cam doesn't seem to load for me.

Here is an admittedly poor quality grab taken just ten minutes ago - 09/11/09 - but seems to suggest the map is correct

Guest Sotonferry

She looks like she is out of the water?

I dont imagine she will be in Ramsgate for Saturday?

They are now claiming "Euroferries is the leading fast ferry operator 0n the channel"

http://www.frogsiders.com/Euroferries%20Car%20Marketing%20V1%202550dpi.pdf

How can they get away with that?

It actually says:

"Euroferries is the leading fast ferry operator on the channel between the two ports of Ramsgate and Boulogne",

which, as the only operator is true.

They are now claiming "Euroferries is the leading fast ferry operator 0n the channel"

http://www.frogsiders.com/Euroferries%20Car%20Marketing%20V1%202550dpi.pdf

How can they get away with that?

I do enjoy how they're happy to threaten legal action against those they deem to be making false statements against them and their service, when, er (and this is correct at the time of writing) they don't actually have one. On a technicality, it does actually state 'the leading fast ferry operator on the English Channel operating between the two ports of Ramsgate and Boulogne' - which is true as they are the only ones - well, I suppose they will be if they ever start a service. I could equally claim I am the most productive person sat at my desk (despite browsing BFE ;))

It also states at the top there is no faster sea crossing RamsgateBoulogne (yes, apparently RamsgateBoulogne is one word and formatted in the style of the old Hoverspeed logo)

Oh, they also state that both ports link directly into the national motorway networks 'uncongested':

a) Obviously they've moved Ramsgate since maps were invented: see here

b) So, er, I didn't sit in traffic in Boulogne when I went through it in March (not sure how you can make an uncongested claim... London is uncongested at 3am I suppose), or have to negotiate around the outside of the town.

c) To define direct motorway access, I suggest they look at a map of Portsmouth - or I reclassify my house in rural Somerset at having direct access to John O'Groats.

It actually says:

"Euroferries is the leading fast ferry operator on the channel between the two ports of Ramsgate and Boulogne",

which, as the only operator is true.

Only operator? Lets wait and see.

So that means BF are the leading English channel fast ferry operator, operating from the 4 ports of Portsmouth, Caen, Poole, Cherbourg and likewise:

LD from to,

Condor from to.

It really is bad PR.

Yes, I saw the claim but to make it when you don't have a service or track record of one is surely against advertising standards. Once you have a service its a different story if you are the only one. Too many companies get away with false advertising and lay claim to such wonderful achievements but when you look under the carpet all kinds of hidden truths appear to make that claim a little exagerated to say the least. I always liked the advert for Anadin pain killers in the 80's. They claimed that nothing acted faster than Anadin....so why take anything then if nothing acts faster.

The Euroferries website is very descriptive to say the least. Not knocking Ramsgate but it seems to have been transformed since we last visited it !!!

Almost makes me want to live there! also the direct motorway access at Ramsgate sounds very good, untrue but good.

The Euroferries website is very descriptive to say the least. Not knocking Ramsgate but it seems to have been transformed since we last visited it !!!

That terminal in Ramsgate is stunning.

WIll be surprised if we see the service start for the 14th maybe 2010? Why start a passenger service in the middle of winter? At least Fastnet Lines have ut off starting til next year and they have a ship!

It actually reads :

'Euroferries is the leading fast ferry operator on the English Channel operating bteween the two ports of Ramsgate and Boulogne with its high speed catamarn 'The Bonanza Express'.'

hmmm.

But I like the first paragraph best :

'Travelling with Euroferries is more than just another way to cross the channel; it's an unforgettable experience.'

How do they know ?

Surely they should be saying that they HOPE to be an operator, perhaps with a high speed craft that they will call Bonanza Express, between Ramsgate and Boulogne.

To claim to be a leading operator and to promise an unforgettable experience without yet running anything for people to experience is pure rubbish.

Surely they should be saying that they HOPE to be an operator, perhaps with a high speed craft that they will call Bonanza Express, between Ramsgate and Boulogne.

To claim to be a leading operator and to promise an unforgettable experience without yet running anything for people to experience is pure rubbish.

Would it contravene ASA regs?

Would it contravene ASA regs?

Not sure they are big on the detail. The website trumpets check-in closing 30mins before departure but their terms and conditions state 60 minutes, except foot passengers when it is 45mins......though the booking engine does not appear to offer the option of making a booking without a vehicle.