Sign in to follow this  
Bill

EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Re: EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

I just asked someone.....

"A port will usually invest into installations. A port operator then pays a yearly fee to use offices, parkings, equipments, etc... "

But this does not mean that it applies in this case just 'usually'.

I just asked someone.....

"A port will usually invest into installations. A port operator then pays a yearly fee to use offices, parkings, equipments, etc... "

But this does not mean that it applies in this case just 'usually'.

Thank you for the mega quick answer!!!!:D

Euroferries have stalled their date again. Stall more times than a learner driver.

What are they quoting now?

According to AIS-LIVE.co.uk general shipping news section, they have admited they are not going to be ready yet despite having taken bookings.

If their management are having more false starts starting this service than the poor old starter at the infamous Grand National who never did get it started, then what hopes are they once it starts as their decision making seems to be somewhat suspect. Who keeps making the decision on a date knowing they will not be able to meet it? I would not trust a penny with them, they have shown total inability to be able to run a service or tell the truth.

As I write - 13.19 18/11/09 - their booking engine is showing sailings and fares for a week today as available. Now I think it is time for Kent County Council Trading Standards to start looking at this. It is also time for Fred Olsen to consider their reputation as well. Either they are going to charter this vessel to Euroferries or they aren't somebody in their UK offices must know. I don't think this is a laugh any longer...

"Euroferries not ready | Would be English Channel ferry operator Euro-ferries has again had to call off the launch of its planned fast-ferry service between Ramsgate and Boulogne-sur-Mer. The company, which had promised to start the service last Saturday, has been forced to admit that it still is not ready, despite the fact that bookings have been taken. | 16/11/09 13:00"

This is the quote mentioned by adicat - as it was posted Monday, maybe it is just referring to last Saturdays non-start ?

Although I see that Isle of Thanet Gazette last Friday said it was starting tomorrow. They also said it was starting October 16th.

Start from the 26th Novemeber on their booking engine ...... on Adems blog Wave Ryder has suggested that the signs in the photos are from Sally days, although they do appear in very good condition.

8-)Remember this Ramsgate Boulogne business has been going on since january.Thanet councils involvement inspires no confidence with any serious business any more.The planning of roads [Westwood is a disgrace],rail[a so-called 'fast service ' to London that takes longer than the slow ones-see MP Roger Gales blog] and air-complete lethargy for the last 10 years on Manston, and anyone can see its record is one of non-delivery and failure.Include the Turner Contemporary [supposed to be completed in 2006], Margate town centre ,Dreamland and Ramsgate Pleasurama and you have a good case for having as little to do with them as avoidable.There is now a complete absence of business acumen,tourist information or development incentivisation ,The next government will abolish the RDA so we can expect 100,000 housing units,50 gypsy sites and uncontrolled expansion of agribusiness with curtailed planning processes.If only I could get to France I would!

I can't understand why it's taken nearly 12 months to get this project off the ground. I think Thanet constituents deserve answers.....

I can't understand why it's taken nearly 12 months to get this project off the ground. I think Thanet constituents deserve answers.....

It's been going on for over three and a half years.

If nothing else you have say EF are persistent.

Interesting to read this thread from 4th May 2006 http://forums.bfenthusiasts.com/showthread.php?t=3182&highlight=euroferries

Am I the only one to see a certain degree of irony in the choice of vessel - Bonanza Express? From my childhood I seem to recall an American TV series called Bonanza (and I'm not old enough to have seen it first time around, just for the record) about the Cartwright family, and Indians they were not...

Do not think just putting two check in booths in place is the way to start a fast craft service. having a fast craft would be an ideal start. These are for TEF replacing other ones, as mention in a nother post.

Apparently they have issued what might be loosely described as a press release apologizing for the delays but saying that they are now back on track. Bonanza Express remains alongside in Teneriffe however as I post this at 16.05 20-11-09 but despite this it is possible to book a crossing for next Thursday...

Just supposing she leaves this evening, I read two and a half days to get here, that's Monday lunchtime.

Before she could enter service would she need approval from anyone ? Like the MCA or French authorities.

I understand that the 12 crossings with a pilot in port can be done with passengers onboard.

It just seems to be cutting it fine yet again for a start from Boulogne at 7:30 am on the 26th.....

Was yesterdays press release just to calm the waters before another delay?

The MCA will be all over this craft like a rash, IF it got here by monday i just can not see it being in any way ready for a Thursday start!!! Perhaps a Thursday in December(H)