Sign in to follow this  
Bill

EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Re: EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Also, reference trading standards, I suspect they can do nothing but observe, because there is time to get a vessel in place etc.

If I launched a website tomorrow and started to take bookings for a service later that same day, when I clearly could not provide that service, then that is where trading standards could have a poke around.

Except in the latest article EF themselves are saying later this year and not March 1st ..... also the last paint job was removed late November early December, I suggest they have known for a while that Bonanza wouldn't be the vessel.

A Euroferries spokesman said the company was confident a service will still begin later this year but as we went to press had not confirmed which ship, or ships, would be used.

Now... That's what I call optimism! Perhaps they should call Fisher Price and see what they have available.

Now... That's what I call optimism! Perhaps they should call Fisher Price and see what they have available.

:D

Well, it sounds like they know something but perhaps have learned not to shout about it until it's confirmed. Then again, perhaps they shouldn't be asking people to part with their money again unless they have a guaranteed service.

Well, it sounds like they know something but perhaps have learned not to shout about it until it's confirmed. Then again, perhaps they shouldn't be asking people to part with their money again unless they have a guaranteed service.

Perhaps best to actually have a ship in place before taking money. I wonder what Dr Ladyman would say about it?

The 1st March date has been showing since the last Press Release - which whilst it said that bookings were being taken from March they were going to come back with a start date....

Following an e-mail about a prospective booking, I've been informed...

Our service is due to launch March 2010 or earlier, an announcement is expected shortly regarding the specific date of the launch.

I have copied your email onto our customer contact list so you are kept apprised of all news regarding the service.

Thing is - the reply came from an @live.co.uk e-mail address... as in a free account from Microsoft. Not really that professional in my book.

Dear sir, Due to an unfortunate oversight, we have been unablle to fulfil your booking of the 1st March due to the fact that we still don't have a ship! This came out the blue and therefore the launch date has had to be postponed. I can hear them typing it now!!!

How about a whip round then and we buy InCat 23? I am lookng for a new home!

Google suggests 23 is owned by Maritime Charter Sales and I have read 45 is owned by Epic Shipping, yet no mention on the latter on Epic's website.

Guest Sotonferry

Incat 23 is the Emerude France/ Ex Seacat France! She interior had a refit in 2002/03 ish with new seating all round!! and has been laid up for around for a few years now, but I am not sure how sound she is in the Engine and Hull department, although FYI she has no ride control - no T-foils so she can bit a bit nasty on a choppy day!:o

I was just thinking about the BBC Inside Out show, and recall one about Speedferries, ra their start up and so on. I also recall there was another last year mentioning the demise of the firm - see below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/content/articles/2009/03/10/south_east_s15_w9_ferries_video_feature.shtml

I was just thinking about the BBC Inside Out show, and recall one about Speedferries, ra their start up and so on. I also recall there was another last year mentioning the demise of the firm - see below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/content/articles/2009/03/10/south_east_s15_w9_ferries_video_feature.shtml

that link says euroferries start date of 31st march 2009!!! bit late i think.

Is that how long this saga's been going on for? Sheeeeeeeesh!

Well in 2006 they Started for the Spirit of Ontario I. They had her in the bag except... they didn't have any money at the time...:-#

So 4 years now...

You would have thought that if the route had much potential, some other entrepreneur might have nipped in there in the meantime and started something up.

You would have thought that if the route had much potential, some other entrepreneur might have nipped in there in the meantime and started something up.

LD did ;)

the original plan was for Dover-Bolougne

But If I remember right Euroferries and DHB... had a disagreement

So Euroferries went off to Ramsgate...

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/2010/january/26/euroferries_latest.aspx

Here we go again ...... inevitable really as they are still offering tickets from 1st March, so they must be intending to start on or before the 1st March with a vessel that will cross in 1 hr 15 mins berth to berth and the ports allow the transportation of animals etc. etc.

What a contrast with the Swansea - Cork operation of Fastnet Line. Granted, Fastnet Line came into being because locals put their money where their mouth is but Euroferries has only managed to generate a cynical response from locals.

In many ways the benefit of the internet means some of your potential customers will come from outside the local area and beyond the reach of the printed press but anyone looking online will certainly find plenty of reasons not to risk booking.

Fron Kent online "A spokeswoman confirmed on Monday (January 25) that a fourth launch date would be announced "very shortly" but claimed a "confidentiality agreement with working partners" prevented the company discussing the issue further."

So is that is why BF have been so silent about where Barfleur is going, it all makes sense now!!!:D!