Sign in to follow this  
Bill

EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Re: EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Ooops typo. It looks like I've given Belle a new surname. Sorry

I've been called a great deal worse than Poppy !

Computer generated, without doubt - try asking another question, or posing that you think the way they are dealing with this is ****, I received one saying thankyou for my interest, da di da di da.

I know its been said before but looking at their website I am stunned they can get away with such Bxxxxxxt. I am also surprised they have not been on watchdog yet or have they and I missed it?

The booking facility has finally gone and a messgae left in its place.:

Sailing schedules & fares currently being updated. Apologies for any inconvenience, bookings will be available again shortly

How long before the whole website disappears?

The booking facility has finally gone and a messgae left in its place.:

Sailing schedules & fares currently being updated. Apologies for any inconvenience, bookings will be available again shortly

How long before the whole website disappears?

This duck is dead!!! Suggest we close the thread

No-o-o-o-o :o

This thread hasn't even started to touch on the mating habits of the Merino sheep yet, let alone the punctuality of the Mumbai/New Delhi sleeper :D!

PHIL

Well quite, it does need to last longer than Euroferries.

This will not be difficult.

For you information Phil:

The Bombay (Mumbai) - New Delhi Sleeper (The Rajdhani Express) departs Bombay Central at 1600 and arrives at New Dehli 08:35 next day. A second class fare costs 2,200 Rupees (£31/$55), it is classed as a quality sleeper train, meals included.

Generally, Indian Railways are very efficient, but Indian trains do run late, and sometimes it's hours rather than minutes.

To check out last Thursday's Bombay-Delhi Rajdhani Express - Go to www.erail.in. At www.erail.in, select the origin and destination that interests you, and bring up the train list. Now find the train that you want and click on it, select the date and click the 'train running status' button. It will show you a table of scheduled times and actual times at each station. Data is only held for the last few days.

You will find that 'Rajdhani Express' was spot on time (Rajdhani Expresses get priority and are pretty punctual).

Regrettably I am not familiar with Merino sheep, but doubtless knowing this site, we will shortly get a reply from a member, who as I write, is removing his wellies just having assisted his flock

In Australia, over 80% of the sheep are pure Merino, producing heavy fleeces and excellent wool. The Australian Merino takes its name and general appearance from the Spanish Merino but has been highly developed and adapted to suit Australian conditions.

The Merino has a strong herding instinct, is hardy and is not a fussy eater; all attributes that suit it to the large pastoral stations of Australia. Under less severe conditions, Merino ewes are crossed with meat breed sires to produce fat lambs.

The first sheep went to Australia with the First Fleet in 1788 but these were used to supplement the rations. In 1979 more sheep were brought out from Cape Town and by 1801, Australia had over 33,000 sheep. Today there are around 80 million Merinos in Australia. No wonder the slogan for many years was that 'Australia Rides on the Sheep's Back'.

Merino wool is classified into four main types superfine, fine, medium and strong. Each distinct type of wool suits particular climatic conditions. Ultrafine and fine medium grades also have their uses. The grading of the wool is done by measuring the diameter (in microns) of the fibre. The length of the staple varies according to the category of wool.

Thus: Ultrafine wool is less than 17.5 microns.

Superfine: 17.6 to 18.5 microns, staple length about 70mm

Fine wool: less than 19.5 microns, staple length about 75mm

Fine medium wool: 19.6 to 20.5 microns

Medium wool: 20.6 to 22.5 microns, staple length about 90mm

Strong wool: greater than 22.6 micron, staple length about 100mm

Superfine Merino wool has an excellent colour, is soft to handle and dense.

Fine wool is bright and dense.

As for the mating habits, why do you think there are 80 million in Australia ?

Probably not - this was encouraged! Most likely far more productive than a certain ferry company 8-)

Probably not - this was encouraged! Most likely far more productive than a certain ferry company 8-)

And the websites:

A beginners guide to Train travel in India

http://www.seat61.com/India.htm#routes

And

Merino Sheep Breeders, Societies and Associations”

www.stackyard.com/pedigree/html/merino.html

are far more informative and accurate and will exist for a lot longer than the website of that certain ferry company which for legal reasons can not be named

The same company which when you call their lines are so busy with calls they tell you that you can book online or via e-mail - and then hang up?!

About a new collective noun for this kind of operation? A 'Coban' of phantom ferries perhaps?

An Gede of ferries? As in Geoffrey Ede? Euroferries and Severn Link!

The same company which when you call their lines are so busy with calls they tell you that you can book online or via e-mail - and then hang up?!

I thought that was Ryanair !8-)

I wonder if Kent Trading Standards became involved for the booking engine to be withdrawn ?

Is this a record for off-topic on BFE

Not quite, but I think we're getting there, though whilst colinschandler is on the right track I feel NormandieLad's trying to pull the wool over my eyes

( :$ )

PHIL

Another response from Poppy and obviously not stock reply. They certainly do seem to be living in a dream world. I remember having similar emails in the past regarding launch events, but nothing ever happening and isn't it a bit late in the season to start a service.

Good Morning Steve,

Once again may I thank you for your continued interest in Euroferries high speed cross channel service.

I can confirm that as stated on our homepage found at www.euroferries.co.uk, the booking system is currently offline to allow certain changes to be implemented, such as an updated sailing schedule and fares in light of Euroferries new launch date, which will be announced to the public shortly.

Please be assured that Euroferries are committed to providing a high speed cross channel service between Ramsgate & Boulogne and bookings will once again become available shortly.

As previously advised your details are on our customer contact list, you will therefore be kept apprised as soon as the aforementioned launch date is released and bookings reopen.

Kind Regards,

Poppy Redmond

Euroferries Ltd.| Customer Relations Team

CIFlogo.jpg

What if Euroferries were to start a ferry service between Ramsgate and Vlissingen? Maybe whit SUPERFAST VII and SUPERFAST VIII, crossing time 3,5-4 hours.

On the basis that they have not been able to acquire a ship for a service that they have been trying to start for over a year now, I think it is unlikely they would try and expand their network just yet ! :D

It would be nice to see a return to Vlissingen though. Always thought it was a shame the Sheerness route never made the move to Dartford. Was hoping the new Thames Gateway port was going to have an element of passenger ro-ro but nothing mentioned about it.

I think a service that close to London and the M25 might have a decent chance of making money. Huge mini-cruise/party cruise market with the right ship for the weekends and nice and close to London for the freight market.

Vlissingen - oh yes, the Olau Hollandia and Olau Britannia - now I'm off down memory lane. I can even remember sailing on Eurolink too!

I wonder who Poppy Redmond is. Is she on Facebook?

Received from Customer Services .....

Good Afternoon ****,

Thank you for your email and interest in Euroferries high speed service.

An announcement will be made by Euroferries public relations company shortly covering, inter alia the new start date for service, vessel details , PR events due to take place at both Ramsgate & Boulogne ports alongside certain points you have raised.

I have added your details to our customer contact list so you are kept apprised as soon as the aforementioned announcement is made.

Kind Regards,

Poppy Redmond

Euroferries Ltd.| Customer Relations Team

CIFlogo.jpg