Sign in to follow this  
Bill

EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Re: EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Right then what's the betting that the start date will be March 2011 to coincided with the peak season, the vessel will be in some distant spot but owned by a high profile name, the booking engine will go up, various promises will be made, various excuses then trotted out - and nothing will happen at all!

75 pages and 747 posts - perhaps we should ignore them from now on at least until the first passenger has travelled

Right then what's the betting that the start date will be March 2011 to coincided with the peak season, the vessel will be in some distant spot but owned by a high profile name, the booking engine will go up, various promises will be made, various excuses then trotted out - and nothing will happen at all!

I'm going to go for 2012 and a tie-in as official transporter for the Ollympics*

(*Not the Olympics, but a similarly sounding sporting competition run by a bloke called Olly)

Not heard anything from this lot for ages. Amazingly the website is still up, nothing has changed though and the phone lines still work, (same message) so somebody must be paying the bills. I've emailed Poppy, so if she/he/it still works there I might get an invite to the imminent launch party.

Just recieved a copy of the Press Release, Austal vessel from 2013 !!!! Won't post it as a whole but will copy and paste.

o doubt will appear in the press by tomorrow as it was for immediate use dated today.

"

Euroferries has entered into an agreement with global ship manufacturer Austal, securing the newly built 102m trimaran on a long term charter agreement which will operate this high-speed service.

The Trimaran’s state of the art design offers unprecedented sea keeping capabilities, utilising the softer roll of a monohull with the low resistance, stability and carrying capacity of a catamaran, affording unrivalled levels of passenger comfort for travelling across the channel at speed.

The vessel will arrive in January 2013, with the service becoming fully operational between Boulogne and Ramsgate during February 2013. "

So many words enter my mind, but would be blocked by the swear filter.

Interesting news, but will believe it when I see it.

So many words enter my mind, but would be blocked by the swear filter.

Interesting news, but will believe it when I see it.

My thoughts as well, hence asking whos press release it was as Euroferries I would take with a pinch of salt, but Austal making the same release.

However Bellebluesea I would like to know your source as I have just looked at all of Austals press releases of the last 12 months and see no mention of it..

Austal press releases can be found here

http://www.austal.com/en/media/media-releases.aspx

My thoughts as well, hence asking whos press release it was as Euroferries I would take with a pinch of salt, but Austal making the same release.

However Bellebluesea I would like to know your source as I have just looked at all of Austals press releases of the last 12 months and see no mention of it..

Austal press releases can be found here

http://www.austal.com/en/media/media-releases.aspx

This link on the Euroferries website purports to take you to Austal's press release. Surely even Euroferries would not fake another company's press release - would they?

http://www.euroferries.co.uk/1158256.pdf

Thankyou colinschandler, I can assure you I have received both Press Release from Euroferries and Austal along with the link for description of vessel. The Austal release says they have received security to enable further work to be undertaken to prepare the vessel for charter.

The charter will be for four years using the Astra Hull 270, a 102 metre stock trimaran.

Thanks for the clarification, I was sceptical due to not having the press release on the Austal press release section, however with the further info regarding the hull number i have located the following about the specific hull where it states the hull is chartered in a 4 year charter to Euroferries. Indeed seems for real.

http://www.austal.com/en/products-and-services/commercial-products/ferries-vehicle-passenger/next-generation-102m-trimaran.aspx

Give us all a little light relief from the serious situation of BF, My Ferry LInk, DFDS/LDLines etc. etc.

I assume that Austal have internet ....

Reckon someone got a good deal here. This vessel is an evolution of one that Fred Olsen run in the Canary Islands and is supposed to be the dog's wotsits in ride, speed and fuel efficiency........so good Austal went ahead and built it without a buyer and have had it knocking around for 2years ?

I know times are tough but surely someone in the world would have snapped it up sooner? Not every operator or route is in the depths of economic despair. Is Austal taking a loss leader approach here to get their product on the Northern European market. I find this easier to believe than Euroferries securing backers prepared to stump up a massive sum of money to pull this off at what might have been the normal rate.

Obviously, the history with Euroferries makes it all seem a bit " here we go again" but the Austal confirmation appears to give it some validity, though didn't EF manage to get some poor Canadian region to stump up the money to move a vessel to an ice free location for Euroferries to come pick it up, only for them to then back out?

Craig, you have said all that I wanted to say, just wait for the delays, I am just surprised that Austal would put their name against an outfit with such a poor public persona. They have obviously been convinced, the public won't be, this is a failed venture. I travelled recently in the Med on a mildly rough day, you may recall there has been some terrible storms, just awful and they want to ply the same size vessel on the Channel (fall off my chair, laughing).

There was a plan for a footie only from Folkestone to Boulogne, small vessel, hahaha, and at about £40 return. Someone tell me why when all the other companies are struggling a new one thinks it can survive ?

But this ship is bigger, more stable and more advanced than an HS ferry that another cross channel operator currrently with a not perfect public persona and with financial difficulties made me ride once from Roscoff to Plymouth. This HS can take trucks so watch out other Western Channel operators

Give us all a little light relief from the serious situation of BF, My Ferry LInk, DFDS/LDLines etc. etc.

I assume that Austal have internet ....

I guess they have so perhaps they are gambling that their customer can step in when one of the companies that you list (no names, no pack drill) finally folds.