Sign in to follow this  
Bill

EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Re: EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

A small point on that, Richard. If selling insurance is classed as subsidiary business activity and only makes up a very small part of your sales then you do not need to be directly registered with the FSA (as was). Insurance makes up something like .75% of my sales and thus I am exempt from registration, as will euro 'ROADferries'

Not sure if you're legally required to print underwriter details on internet (ours are on the certificate).

According to the FCA website you must be registered with them to sell any insurance products and it is a criminal offence to sell if not registered. However if you are an appointed representative of an insurance underwriter their registration will cover you. I can see no exclusions so far on the FCA website, although I don't dispute you being exempt or covered by the insurance underwriter you sell on behalf of.

***edit I have now found some exclusions on a google search through the BBC, although no mention found on FCA website***

However there are a number of exclusions available that may mean some retail outlets and other operations may not need to be regulated by the FSA.

For example, many vets and dentists will not need to become regulated if they merely display or provide information to customers and do not recommend an insurance product. Also some retailers, other than for motor goods - vehicles and motor accessories - , will not be regulated in connection with the insurance backed extended warranties they may offer to customers. There is a similar exclusion available for travel agents when they sell customer insurance in connection with a particular holiday.

Guest CaptainPugwash

Sorry, Richard, that's what I meant. Usually, if you are only selling very small amounts in this way then you would be acting as an agent- it isn't practical to sell small amounts if you are the underwriter yourself.

I'm sorry, I should have written it more clearly

Well it would seem that "Poppy" has gone awol

The 0845 numbers advertised on euroferries main site & the coach reservation one now appear to be disconnected, just a dead tone.......

Should we put up a missing poster in homage?

Well I guess no one wants a coach reservation lol

Gary

Guest CaptainPugwash

Poppy???

The whole euroferries website has been removed now.

Incidentally, speaking of the coaches (and no evidence to suggest THIS is linked other than same methodology) there was a new company which showed clearly photoshopped pictures of brand new express coaches, that took bookings but no sign of legal incorporation.

A few trade magazines queried it and were met with very strong legal threats- of which none were carried out..

Just thought it sounded a little similar to euroferries and the brainbox behind it.

Still loads fine for me, they even updated the bottom of the page changing date from 2013 to 2014 © Euroferries.co.uk 2014 all rights reserved

http://www.euroferries.co.uk/index.htm

The date will be programmed to take the present date from your system, change your system date and that date will change as well

Guest CaptainPugwash

Gary,

it must have been a glitch with my computer yesterday as it's working now... apparently

The date will be programmed to take the present date from your system, change your system date and that date will change as well

A quick look at the page source code confirms the date changes automatically

They didnt change this bit though

The 2013 service will comprise of 4 daily crossings and will cater for passengers, cars and luxury coaches. The vessel is capable of achieving speeds in excess of 40 knots thus enabling Euroferries to provide one of the fastest cross channel crossings available.

Poppy???

Any communication to EF was always answered by someone going by the name of Poppy.

Well it would seem that "Poppy" has gone awol

The 0845 numbers advertised on euroferries main site & the coach reservation one now appear to be disconnected, just a dead tone.......

Should we put up a missing poster in homage?

Well I guess no one wants a coach reservation lol

Gary

There is now an 0844 number in place of the 0845 number. Am I right in thinking 0844 numbers are revenue generating from the high call rate for the business?

There is now an 0844 number in place of the 0845 number. Am I right in thinking 0844 numbers are revenue generating from the high call rate for the business?

Of course they are, they need to raise cash to actually run a vessel. Ensure loads of queries and then get the finance for a vessel. What a business plan...simples!!!!

Of course it is. They need to raise cash for an actual vessel. What a business plan, cause confusion, get loads of queries and then you have your finance. Simples!!!!

Guest CaptainPugwash

0844 and 0845 can BOTH raise revenue. But it's usually only between 1.4 and 1.5 PPM (as Oftel regulations now specify)... that's a lot of calls to pay for a ship.

There are other numbers- the modern equivalent of the 0898, but they are now many and varied.

Following the link at the bottom to this companies own website, something stood out. They have technology that no other major coach or train company in the UK has. The ability to accept Electron cards on board their coaches.

No other company has managed it that I've come across due to the transaction restrictions set on Electron cards.

None of the rail TOCs have it, and no other coach company I've experienced neither.

All coaches are equipped with PIN machines should you wish to pay by card; we accept Maestro, Mastercard, VISA and Electron.

Their website and especially the photoshop of the coach looks on par with a GCSE project.

And the most interesting part which suggests they have been operating a while is

We are constantly investing in updating our fleet

I just hope that Millwall FC understand what they are getting themselves into. But on the surface of it, all the worst cliches about the standard of football clubs' business sense are in danger of applying. In my opinion, of course!

"No one likes us, We don't care !"

The old Milllwall boast suggests the Euroferries tie-in is a marriage made in heaven !

Think the whole lot at this business venture should be locked up based on their previous records. Its disgraceful its allowed. Taking money for something that does not exist allegedly

Euroferries Express don't have an O Licence to operate services at present, and have never applied for one according to VOSA.

Companies House have them registered as a Dormant company, which means they can only trade in shares and fines. Certainly cant take money.

Excellent due diligence on their sponsors done by Millwall! I found this information in less than 30 seconds!

I remember BF being the shirt sponsor for SM Caen (a yo-yo club between French Ligue 1/2) in the early/mid 00's.

It would be nice to see BF sponsor a team near to one of their native ports again, with the following clubs to choose from - all ranging in standard. possibilities could include:

Cork FC (League of Ireland)

Plymouth Argyle (League 2)

Portsmouth FC (League 2)

Le Havre (French League 2)

SM Caen (Frnech League 1)

Athletic Bilbao (La Liga)

RC Santander (Segunda division)

Would provide good advertising coverage with many of these clubs enjoying lots of media attention.