Sign in to follow this  
Bill

EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Re: EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

Think the whole lot at this business venture should be locked up based on their previous records. Its disgraceful its allowed. Taking money for something that does not exist allegedly

Does anyone know any person who has lost any money with Euroferries as they do not take any money? I have not heard of one person who has lost one single penny with them, if you are out there let us know. Euroferries are trying to benefit Thanet, it would be far nicer to try to help a British company instead of posting negative untrue comments. I personally wish Euroferries as much success as possible and we should all get behind them

Does anyone know any person who has lost any money with Euroferries as they do not take any money? I have not heard of one person who has lost one single penny with them, if you are out there let us know. Euroferries are trying to benefit Thanet, it would be far nicer to try to help a British company instead of posting negative untrue comments. I personally wish Euroferries as much success as possible and we should all get behind them
I'm just happy we are probably getting the trimaran in DORSET that they thought they were getting in one of their previous attempts at running a ferry service...(L)(L). Poole or Weymouth.

Seriously though, hennydover, this your first post - you are very much in the minority here regarding Euroferries, so you might not get a supportive welcome on your opinion.

That aside, welcome to the forum...

They have a website stating 2013 schedules but they had no vessel so how was that then? Pertaining to have a fleet and advertising it.......it says book now and that 2013 they had a deal for a vessel. It says about updating 2013 sailings yet we are over halfway through 2014. You press on booking and nothing happens thankfully. Are they really helping Thanet or anyone or just wasting peoples time looking at the website and thinking they can go with Euroferries? You tell me!

They have a website stating 2013 schedules but they had no vessel so how was that then? Pertaining to have a fleet and advertising it.......it says book now and that 2013 they had a deal for a vessel. It says about updating 2013 sailings yet we are over halfway through 2014. You press on booking and nothing happens thankfully. Are they really helping Thanet or anyone or just wasting peoples time looking at the website and thinking they can go with Euroferries? You tell me!

And now they are advertising coach services yet don't have an O-Licence.

They are registered as a dormant company- i.e. non trading.

I said allegedly as I remember reading something but would not take it as true and there was a post on this thread about a company taking money without a service but not Euroferries. Hennydover, have you read the whole thread as if so you will see how things have not progressed after a number of years and false starts.

Agreed, you do need to take time to read, then you will get the drift about Euroferries. Does take a while!!!

Hi adicat, thanks for my welcome, I have gone on their website and it has no schedules or ability to book just a 'coming soon' page.

Rich, I have also spoken with VOSA this morning and they explained to me that an operating licence is not needed if operated on their behalf.

With manston airport closing and losing over 100 jobs maybe if we all get behind them this time it will start and help Thanet, it is certainly needed in this area and could employ those that lost their jobs at manston

And now they are advertising coach services yet don't have an O-Licence.

They are registered as a dormant company- i.e. non trading.

Hi rich I posted on adicat's comment that they do not actually need an operating licence and I have just called Companies House and they checked the records and told me that if the company is now trading it does not have to inform Companies House until its next accounts due date which is apparently 30/11/2015.

The plain fact is that it costs nothing - or virtually nothing - to set up a limited company put up a website. Equally it's easy to issue some sort of press release and get it into local media with nobody asking many questions. Look just how much publicity dear old Kieron got for his Portsmouth- Cherbourg service! (If they were to operate a scheduled coach service they would I think be regulated by the Traffic Commisioners.)

Just had a quick look at the Euroferries Express coach website. The timetable looks like it has been cut and pasted from Thanet Stagecoach. It seems they have a departure at 12.10 and then another one at 13:35. They must be expecting to be really busy.

w.euroferriesexpress.co.uk/#!our-service/c199t

Just had a quick look at the Euroferries Express coach website. The timetable looks like it has been cut and pasted from Thanet Stagecoach. It seems they have a departure at 12.10 and then another one at 13:35. They must be expecting to be really busy.

w.euroferriesexpress.co.uk/#!our-service/c199t

This makes me wonder if they are acting as an agent for Stagecoach which would explain the lack of Operators licence.

I expect most people weren't silly enough to hand it over. EF may well be trying to benefit Thanet (either that or it' would be a bonus to benefitting themselves), but thus far their failure to deliver on commitments, obtain a vessel or operate a single sailing doesn't really make one want to get behind them. It's very easy for the company to exist on paper - just because it does it doesn't mean it's doing anything.

Is Nigel Farrage trying to stand for a Thanet constituancy in next years general election....he wont want people coming over so will be glad is service does not happen?:D

Is Nigel Farrage trying to stand for a Thanet constituancy in next years general election....he wont want people coming over so will be glad is service does not happen?:D
:D:D

Was in Boulogne-Sur-Mer at the weekend and I have to say the terminal/linkspan etc. looks in a terrible state. I was really rather shocked that it looked such an eyesore in the middle of the harbour area. So sad to see a ferry terminal that way. Would love a service to start to Bolougne, but I just can't see it. Going from Ramsgate seems non-sensical considering the distance and the fact it will cross the path of the Dover-Calais ferries. Would love to see a service resumed from Folkestone to tie in with the redevelopment and rejuvenation of the harbour front there, but one can dream.

Folkestone harbour no longer has a linkspan. Dover is quite exposed, but Folkestone can be too. Hence why Hengist ended up embedded on the eastern knuckle in the October '87 storm.

Would be interesting to see whether DFDS get either a) a replacement for Dieppe Seaways to Calais, b) give up on Calais and focus on Dunkerque, or c) transfer everything to Calais and provide a 4-ship/20 crossing a day service to compete properly against P&O.

Folkestone harbour no longer has a linkspan. Dover is quite exposed, but Folkestone can be too. Hence why Hengist ended up embedded on the eastern knuckle in the October '87 storm.

Would be interesting to see whether DFDS get either a) a replacement for Dieppe Seaways to Calais, b) give up on Calais and focus on Dunkerque, or c) transfer everything to Calais and provide a 4-ship/20 crossing a day service to compete properly against P&O.

You mean what they used to do before wasting money and effort on the Calais service !!! Didn't get the right ships always an uphill struggel

Great news for Euroferries....Folkestone is today being used as a Treasure Hunt and 30 pieces of gold have been buried on the beach. It was on BBC Breakfast, so if Euroferries get down their quick they can bag some gold and fund a vessel!!!;)

Five years - 64 pages - 950 posts reporting nothing - and still they keep coming back with anything but the service announced all those months ago.

Five years - 64 pages - 950 posts reporting nothing - and still they keep coming back with anything but the service announced all those months ago.

There must be some income or revenue somewhere to have paid to be Millwalls main shirt sponsor. Just wonder what trading they've done to generate revenue to pay to sponsor the kit,

Source of photos Millwall FC website

Edited by richwarwicker

Any news on this bizarre saga? I passed through Boulogne yesterday which reminded of the Euroferries mystery which is without a doubt the strangest and most surreal thing I have ever come across. It's laughable if it were not quite so sad also. As a resident of Kent, it is depressing to see the Port of Ramsgate once again unoccupied after the ceasing of TEF and it needs a new operator to breathe new life into the place. I still have fond memories of the Sally Ferries service which I travelled on as a child.

I just don't understand how Euroferries can have a website which talks about timetables and bookings, but no one knows whether they even exist in reality. And the sponsorship of Millwall last season....I was left speechless. The Twitter feed which is something like @Euroferries seemed to be constant updates on Millwall FC last season and contained rather a lot of swearing. Surely it can't be a genuine profile for the 'company'? Any shedding of light on all this nonsense would be great.