Sign in to follow this  
Bill

EUROFERRIES: Ramsgate to Boulogne

I just don't understand how Euroferries can have a website which talks about timetables and bookings, but no one knows whether they even exist in reality. And the sponsorship of Millwall last season....I was left speechless. The Twitter feed which is something like @Euroferries seemed to be constant updates on Millwall FC last season and contained rather a lot of swearing. Surely it can't be a genuine profile for the 'company'? Any shedding of light on all this nonsense would be great.

I've just had a look at said Twitter feed:

Operation nick the Woolwich Ferry didn't go to plan, the local Somalians beat us to it so we remain Ferry less and now suffering from Ebola.

Due to unforeseen circumstances. We've had to delay our coach launch to April 2038. We will update you shortly. We apologise for the delay.

https://twitter.com/euroferries - who proudly proclaim that their service launches March 2015. To be honest, on their it looks as if someone is 'recklessly' running the Twitter feed; in other words any serious attempt at a company has been long abandoned.

Checking the Millwall FC website, they have new sponsors for 2015/16

Right...

At least their website says that the 2014 service is coming soon!

• Like 1

I thought some were hoping people connected to Euroferries was going to start a highspeed service from Weymouth - that hasn't happened either, never thought it would anyway!! Was it Jonathon Packer and Geoffrey Ede?

I'd love to see this thread get closed.

Absolutely. This topic (Euroferries) is a complete waste of time. There's a sensible discussion to be had about services from Ramsgate in principle, but it does not belong amongst the spam that is anything to with Euroferries.

I find the Euroferries thing quite interesting, actually - I don't find it in the least bit of a problem, the whole thing to me is just like a circus. Just like to keep abreast of things. Same is with the old Barfleur thread of ages ago - if people don't find it interesting then don't bother reading it - simples.

• Like 1

If I understand this right, they're planning to sail all the way across the Atlantic for a few months of short-sea channel crossings in order to make their Canada route viable? Even on a time charter to EF, how bad does the Canada route margin have to be for the channel margin to be better?!

If I understand this right, they're planning to sail all the way across the Atlantic for a few months of short-sea channel crossings in order to make their Canada route viable? Even on a time charter to EF, how bad does the Canada route margin have to be for the channel margin to be better?!

And at a time of year when the Channel routes are cut back because of traffic levels.

And with a ship not remotely designed for short-sea day services. And not capable of taking large amounts of freight. And which is unlikely to fit into Ramsgate harbour. Other than that - perfect!

"Massive redevelopment has been completed at Boulogne Port". I was there two weeks ago and didn't see any signs of it. The former ferry terminal at Boulogne is a right depressing place. This just seems all smoke and mirrors again, but is mildly entertaining all the same.

That statement came from Nova Star. They appear to have been taken in hook line and sinker by the latest incarnation of these cowboys. Hope they see sense soon for the sake of their own credibility.

They foxtrotted Austal around over the 102 - although some prefer to think they just didn't want her due to the anti Condor stance. Not the case in my opinion. She was a previous target of Euroferries - luckily we have her, despite what some opinions of her are.

The joke that is EuroFerries aside, Ramsgate to Boulogne would be a really pleasant way to cross the Dover Strait. Scenic at both ends with the passage down past South Foreland and then the run down the coast to Boulogne from Cap Gris Nez. I hope somebody does make a go of that at some point.

As nice a route as it would be it wouldn't make much sense from an economic point of view. Crossing right across both the Dover-Dunkerque and Dover-Calais routes it would be in the realms of enthusiasts rather than those just wanting to get across the channel to start holidays. Not enough to form the basis of a commercially successful operation sadly. Ramsgate to Ostend is by far the most sensible route, so it was especially sad to see that die a death.

I still think that theres a good chance "Nova star" will be the next BF ferry to enter service.

And it would be funny if it were to service Portsmouth to Le Havre - the route it was originally intended !