Dolphin

quincy

Re: Dolphin

It could be a dolphin, then again it might be the shadow of the bow wave playing tricks. I guess the only way to tell is to enlarge the original image. I have seen dolphins off Durleston Point at Swanage so they are about.

Incidentally, last year there was a dolphin in Cherbourg which was often seen accompanying ferries in - does anyone know if it's still about?

I have put up another photo of the Barfleur taken on the 24-3-09 from near Old Harry rocks.The reason is it looks like a dolphin just in front of the bow,am i seeing things your opinion and any comments would be appreciated.

I know I have lost an hours sleep this morning, but how do I work my computer to see the picture in this thread ?

OK Just realised Members Galleries.

"Incidentally, last year there was a dolphin in Cherbourg which was often seen accompanying ferries in". . .

We went to watch the Thomson Celebration leaving last year and for about 30 minutes before departure two dolphins put on an amazing display barely 50 metres from the ship. If only the CCI could guarantee that show to all the visiting liners! Haven't seen them this year, yet, although in past years I have seen them off both Surtainville and Omonville before the end of March.

Archived