Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WightEagle

So then... the 'W' class.. what do we think?

After a first couple of trips my early thoughts are..

1. More ashtrays needed outside

2. The sun deck matting needs extending to the actual edges of the deck, starting to look grubby already!

3. Sort that flipping linkspan at Lymington!

Generally though... very good, smooth , powerful, and i think once linkspans are done, crews trained and back to a 3 boat service, it should be a very capable route again. The garage and mezz decks look good as well! ( and they move fast enough)

Re: So then... the 'W' class.. what do we think?

Is the ash tray comment part of an observation made before their problems with Hydrolics due to fag butts?

(L).... ah no! Just that after a couple of trips now, i notice that they only allow smoking on 1 half of the sun deck, and people are huddling round the few ashtrays that are provided. Funnily enough tho, most smokers want to use an ashtray and not lob them over the side!!!

Any idea when Wight Sun (spelling has improved since my last thread Mark 8-)) is due to enter service?

Well she is back on AIS but still GREEN (cargo). Funny as FastCat Ryde is WHITE (fast) and Shanklin BLUE (Passenger). Not sure when these get changed.

Just had a quick check and I see she is out in the Solent at the time of typing this. She doesn't look to actually be in service, as she is slightly east of the route, plus the other two are still operating as normal.

Probably trying to wash the Yacht club away by using all 3 of them8-)