Ryde Pier google maps....

pompeyfan

Re: Ryde Pier google maps....

oi, leave off the train spotters...... just because i might take a slight interest in them:$.... Jim, i don't know how you manage it, but when your around, topics are guaranteed to come off topic...:P

Nowt wrong with them! Phil's just guaranteed to be at the forefront ;) I do know the differences between a 159 and a three-car 158, or more importantly resent the withdrawl of the 442... at the same time, slamdoors were much more preferable running the last service back to Fratton off Waterloo because it was possible to lay one's inebriated self flat out on the seats of the one compartment used for standard in peace and quiet:)

Anyway, I digress - anyone know when the activity in the linked images may have taken place? I know such things were in place for the Fleet Review cruises but I would imagine this was done since?

Nowt wrong with them! Phil's just guaranteed to be at the forefront ;) I do know the differences between a 159 and a three-car 158, or more importantly resent the withdrawl of the 442... at the same time, slamdoors were much more preferable running the last service back to Fratton off Waterloo because it was possible to lay one's inebriated self flat out on the seats of the one compartment used for standard in peace and quiet:)

Anyway, I digress - anyone know when the activity in the linked images may have taken place? I know such things were in place for the Fleet Review cruises but I would imagine this was done since?

4 step braking as far as i know? rather then 3 step, and SWT don't run any 3 car 158s, so... :P and i resent the withdrawl of 442s, only because "them lot" up the road nicked our 444s and left us with 450s...

if you look at the sea state, it looks as if it's rather choppy in that little section of the map, so could it be that?

4 step braking as far as i know? rather then 3 step, and SWT don't run any 3 car 158s, so... :P and i resent the withdrawl of 442s, only because "them lot" up the road nicked our 444s and left us with 450s...

if you look at the sea state, it looks as if it's rather choppy in that little section of the map, so could it be that?

3 Car 158s... nah, that's the FGW bunch I have to suffer with from Fratton to Salisbury before a nice 159 to Templecombe... or take a 2 car 158 or 150 and attatch it to a single car 153... hours of torture. Did have the pleasure of a Desiro running fast from Woking to Fratton via Basingstoke the other month, never seen a train driver with such a big smile on his face :)

Are the waves going the wrong way?!

Could it be the fact that the St Catherine is moored up alongside the pier, seemingly empty of vehicle traffic?

Winner!!!!!!!!!! (How can you tell it's St Catherine?)

Yes they do, but normally on a service run, so you would expect to see some vehicle traffic on the car deck. And the green external seats are a giveaway - in the "old days" it was the main way of distinguishing which ship was which (other than looking at the name, obviously!!) _ Catherine green, Helen reddish orange, Cecilia yellow and Faith blue. Now of course they are all white, with only the Cecilia being easily distinguishable because she has a different style of seating to the other three.

Archived