Quiberon

Val

P'Lab

Duchesse Anne

Original Arm

Duc

Cornouilles

Re: Your favourite BF ship

Having sailed on all the current fleet except Armorique and Cotentin, I would say it's very close between Bretagne and Cap Finistere for me, but if I was really pushed I'd probably go for Cap Finistere these days - everything about this ship impressed me and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who hasn't sailed on her.

I've always found the Pont-Aven and Mont St Michel very impressive and comfortable, but for me they just don't seem to have the character of the older vessels. My least favourite would probably be the Normandie, as I just find her a bit dull compared with the rest of the fleet.

Cornouailles

Really ? Not often you see her in any favourite lists.

Preferred the Corbiere from the old bunch - nice and friendly and compact without feeling cramped. For the current bunch, it would have to remain Bretagne

Really ? Not often you see her in any favourite lists.

Preferred the Corbiere from the old bunch - nice and friendly and compact without feeling cramped. For the current bunch, it would have to remain Bretagne

She was at the bottom of the Past list ;-)

Favourite...

Mont St. Michel

Past favourite:-

Goelo (?) chartered, I know, but still had a good trip a long time ago....

Worst ever crossing was on the Gotland, which I again think was on charter...

Skip.

Ah, that's a tough one. I've only been travelling with BF for around 20 months so still getting to grips with the different ships. So far I would have to say the Bretagne is my favourite, probably because she is ship that I have travelled on the most and I feel very comfortable and familiar with her. Ask me in another year!(H)

I could only speak for Barfleur this time last year, now I can count MSM, Normandie and Nex, and if all goes to plan, Bretagne. Find it so difficult to put them in order of preference as like them all equally. Didn't think I'd enjoy Nex, but she was great. Barf still has to be the special one though, and have enjoyed playing with her sisters in her absence. (and will carry on doing so!)

Pont Aven is fantastic. I don't like the new Armorique at all, very disappointed in her she seems tinny. I used to love the Val de Loire and the old Quiberon.

Nex is in favour above MSM at the moment, I quite like her. Mind you a rough crossing might change things, although knowing me I'll probably enjoy it despite past reservations!

All time favourite is Val de Loire, loved the Commodore cabins and lounge, followed by Pont Aven, balcony cabins- great for dolphin spotting on Spanish route:), Normandie and Bretagne. MSM is also ok.

Would not sail on Amorique again - very disappointing, although clean and tidy, open plan layout and lack of restaurant spoil her.

8-)

Pont Aven is fantastic. I don't like the new Armorique at all, very disappointed in her she seems tinny. I used to love the Val de Loire and the old Quiberon.

BARFLEUR - felt like home-from-home on board; crew were great, too.

Here she is, yesterday 10Sep laid up at Caën, but for how much longer...?

(Note the new vehicle-loading feature - directly off the N13 from Cherbourg ;))

Have added 2 Barfleur photos to her gallery to help the voting!

The lack of a waiter-service restaurant aboard Armorique is something of a recurring theme, but a few weeks ago I returned from Roscoff on the Sunday Pont-Aven crossing. Lunch time the restaurant, including my party of four, had no more than about ten people dining - if that's indicative of the level of demand on that route then one can't really blame BF for the absence of such a facility on a ship which was, after all, purpose-built for the Plym-Ros route.

Much as I enjoy the restaurants across the fleet, I still quite like Armorique, having travelled several times on her now. The self-service provision may not be in the same ball-park as the a la carte offerings elsewhere, but the food has always been more than decent, and very reasonably priced.

7 pages of comments and not one mention of the Prince of Brittany. By far and away the best looking, well proportioned ferry ever operated.

For me it has to be the Bretagne a common choice for many. After spending many years on the Quiberon travelling on-board the Bretagne (circa 1995-2000) seemed like such an upgrade (as much as I loved the Quiberon.)

She was a modern, large cruise-ferry - asthetically pleasing as well. Indeed I think she looked better in the old livery with the Z stripes etc and there was so much to do on a long crossing.

I always liked and wanted to go on the Val de Loire - she was the pride of the fleet back then, I always wanted to travel on the Normandie a well.

I am not a big fan of cross channel ferries,

Interesting to note that you're on a cross-channel ferry enthusiasts forum.... *-)

;)

I would say his user name reveals all - fastcats is clearly a fan of Cross SOLENT Ferries.

Nowt wrong with that. So long as people have sensible views and present them in a sensible manner it's all good with us.

Two favourites.

I have fond memories of my first BF crossing on the Val. a long time ago and have enjoyed sailing on her since with DFDS. I also enjoy relaxing winter evenings on the Bretagne when the ship is quiet.

Since I last travelled with the company the following vessels have been introduced to the fleet: Mont St Michael, Pont Aven, Pont L'Abbe (been and gone), Cap Finistere and Amorique - whilst the Bretagne, Normandie and Barfleur (intermittently) have remained in service. A hell of a lot has changed over the last 10 years. Yet even the 'older' vessels fit in with what is a modern fleet.

My all time favourite has to be the Val, we enjoyed many summer 3.00pm sunday afternoon sailings to Roscoff on her and a couple of mini cruises to Santander. Who can forget the "Lamb Gargantua".

My second favourite is the much maligned Pont L'Abbe. She had a charm of her own and altough they did try her Brasserie style restaurant for a winter on the Bretagne, I feel it would have been ideal format for the Armourique. I now travel one or two trips a month on the ARM, she is definitley Marmite, love her or hate her, but it can not be denied, she does exactly what it says on the tin- "Designed for the Plymouth-Roscoff route". As one who slated her in the early days, we have now grow to appreciate, though not yet love her.

My all time favourite has to be the Val, we enjoyed many summer 3.00pm sunday afternoon sailings to Roscoff on her and a couple of mini cruises to Santander. Who can forget the "Lamb Gargantua".

My second favourite is the much maligned Pont L'Abbe. She had a charm of her own and altough they did try her Brasserie style restaurant for a winter on the Bretagne, I feel it would have been ideal format for the Armourique. I now travel one or two trips a month on the ARM, she is definitley Marmite, love her or hate her, but it can not be denied, she does exactly what it says on the tin- "Designed for the Plymouth-Roscoff route". As one who slated her in the early days, we have now grow to appreciate, though not yet love her.

Spot on! If we ever see another BF in Plymouth............ :(

PS I am "fond of " if not in love with ARM