Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy

2010 Results

BF's 2010 results can now been viewed here (Sept '09/Sept '09).

Considering the 'economic climate' (don't you just love hearing that phrase!), not too bad and certainly better than expected.

Would be interesting to see how the ash cloud boosted things too.

Re: 2010 Results

BF's 2010 results can now been viewed here (Sept '09/Sept '09).

Considering the 'economic climate' (don't you just love hearing that phrase!), not too bad and certainly better than expected.

Would be interesting to see how the ash cloud boosted things too.

I haven't seen any financial figures yet - have you?

Traffic figures on their own are interesting and important but the level of profit is the most important factor.

I haven't seen any financial figures yet - have you?

Traffic figures on their own are interesting and important but the level of profit is the most important factor.

French "End of year" 30.09.

very interesting figures for Roscoff-Cork!

I can't find them right now but was that route not down a bit in the previous year?

It would appear that the changes to Cherbourg routes have lost BF over 100,000 passengers. I wonder where they went, not it would seem on the other BF routes.

Quite a stunning statistic. Of course, it can not be ruled out that there would have been a drop anyway, but not that much! Given that we know that the services this year have not been running to capacity, it goes to show that cutting capacity can lead to further reductions in demand, a vicious circle, really. This seems to be a rule of public transport.

And next year, if Barfleur remains mothballed, there will be no conventional ferry passenger service to Cherbourg at all, and only 2 freight sailings per week. If BF don't bring back Barfleur, surely someone else will try to make a go of it?

Thanks elcerado - that was my suspicion about the Irish figures - proving once again that data means little in isolation.

A good result but maybe not quite the result it appears at face value.

it goes to show that cutting capacity can lead to further reductions in demand, a vicious circle, really. This seems to be a rule of public transport.

Very true. If you look at some of the airline routes it has shown that if the price is right you can generate a market from the back of beyond to middle of nowhere ! Keeping it is the problem.

I wonder what effect the sudden increase in capacity between UK and Spain will have on passenger and freight rates for BF though.