Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Normandie

Forum-problems...

I have had recently a few problems with this forum. When logging in, it takes sometimes incredibly long before a page does load, and with bad luck it does just lead to a "page not found message". In that case, I type again the address of the forum and try, and it may succeed. The same happens sometimes when want to post a message. I wonder, anyone else has noticed that, too ? Perhaps the moderators can find out what the problem is and solve it ? Thanks alot in advance ;)

Re: Forum-problems...

I've not been experiencing any problems Cornelia, are you on broadband or dial up? It usually slows for me around this sort of time, I wonder whether the Americans get priority access compared to us poor Europeans?

I get the same problem. I think it might be to do with the host servers. Check out Dan's message at the top of the thread listings.

I've not been experiencing any problems Cornelia, are you on broadband or dial up? It usually slows for me around this sort of time, I wonder whether the Americans get priority access compared to us poor Europeans?

I am on boradband but the computer here is a very old one and it has also probems when I have more than 2 windows open and when there are animated pages. I think it si a memory-problem.

But as well, I did not experience such problems on the portsmouth- forum for example, so it can´t be my computer only.

But as well, I did not experience such problems on the portsmouth- forum for example, so it can´t be my computer only.

the Portsmouth Forum is a different forum type, and is designed by a different company, therefore it might differ

Same problem here and I am on broadband. The Portsmouth ferry forum is on a totally different server and different host and thus is not affected.

Is the same thing in France!

1. Sometimes, I have evil with me logging on the forum!

2. From time to time, the forum BFE is unavailable during at least 30 minutes!

3. Some times, it take at least 2 minutes so that a page of forum BFE is downloaded or for poster a message on forum BFE!

4. Is impossible for me, to put a avatar at my profiles!

Hey Folks.

As explained earlier, we are having a few problems with the server at the moment.

The host is looking into the problem.

This would explain Yann's "forum being down for 30 minutes".

I would suggest that if you have problems logging in, or problems with the forum slowing down, that you hit the F5 button to refresh your screen.

Please remember that you can email me anytime with any problems.

Dan.

Dan,

Thank you very much to have put the avatar that I wanted with my profile ;)

Greetings,

Yann Ferries

Pas de Problem Yann, anytime.

Dan.

Sorry, I had not seen your message, Dan!

I understand better now ;)

Well, I don't. So if thats so....