Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dannii

'Wessex Continental' double mini cruise on the Pont Aven

Just booked the double mini cruise on the Pont Aven dep Plymouth on the 25th sept. Cant wait! :D!

just got a cheap inside 2 berth.:-/

Anybody else sailing then?

will post voyage report and photos when i return.

anybody recomend things to do onboard? as never sailed on the pont, but am an old fan of the Billy sad that she's gone so looking forward to finally seeing the Pont and how she compares.

Re: 'Wessex Continental' double mini cruise on the Pont Aven

Hi Dannii

Welcome to the forum..You`ll be counting the days now (L)..Another Member has recently been on the Pont and has posted some photos, so I`m sure they will be along soon to give you the up to date low down....All the best and will look forward to the voyage report and dont forget...load of piccies (L)(L)

I enjoyed my mini cruise on the PA earlier this year, but not as much as the Billy! There was something about that ship!!

I enjoyed my mini cruise on the PA earlier this year, but not as much as the Billy! There was something about that ship!!

Agree with you, perhaps because it was a classic 80's Cruise Ferry, Lots of different areas and comfortable seating

Hi Dannii,

I have also booked a double mini-cruise but I have to wait even longer as I can't go until October. This will be my second voyage on the Pont Aven - I wrote a report of my first voyage which was return a mini-cruise from Portsmouth to Santander, was some time ago but perhaps you can still find it.

Some pointers - it is a little pricey but do try the buffet at least once during your trip, quality is superb....self-service restaurant is quite ok though.

Make sure you go out on deck at the stern when you are cruising at full speed, very impressive...if it blows up rough then make sure you go to the bow via the promenade deck.

Try not to make direct comparisons to the Pride Of Bilbao while you are onboard, the Pont Aven is so different just enjoy her for what she is, I also have very fond memories of the POB - the entertainment on the Pont Aven does not even come close to that of the POB but I still enjoyed the evenings. Oh, don't expect any Captain's update or announcements regarding weather etc as on the POB.

I thoroughly enjoyed my last trip and am looking forward to a double-trip, hope you enjoy yours.

regards,

Andy

I agree with Andy about the buffet restaurant, well worth a vist! I also had an inside 2 berth cabin which was very comfortable. I found that the bottled Heineken made very good value sense over the bar, as although it was slightly more expensive than a pint, it was a 660ml bottle!

I've got 3 weeks to wait for my next trip, Hull - Rotterdam woth P&O as I haven't been on the new Pride of Hull / Rotterdam yet.

I've always found PA buffet to be good value for money at around £24 for 4 courses! excluding drink of course.