Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WesternChannel1

Morlaix buses

Looking at the possibility of a 24h return to Roscoff from Plymouth around February time and noticed that the schedules provide a full day in France, allowing a possible visit to Morlaix. This would mean I could explore further afield, rather than just spending the day in Roscoff village and returning at 15.00, as I did last March. I am wondering what the bus company that operates between Roscoff ferry port and Morlaix is called so I can look the timetable up online and see if the bus times would fit around the arrival and departure times in Roscoff, while allowing enough time to see Morlaix. Now I can hope that BF gives us another offer to make it a bit cheaper for me! Thanks in advance for any help :)

Re: Morlaix buses

The buses between Roscoff and Morlaix are operated by the SNCF. You can check the timetable on the TER Bretagne website (Line 30). there is a very convenient one on saturday mornings, leaving the ferry port at around 08:20. The fare is 5.50eur. For the return you might have to use the train to Roscoff train station and then have a 20min walk to the ferry terminal.

To save on all the hassle of buses, trains and even worse, having to walk W.C.1, why not go the 'whole hog' and for another £29 take your car? I would. Then you can plan your whole 14 hour visit around the area and please yourself when, where and what you do. If, of course, that's a viable proposition? ;)

I have looked up the buses with CAT and although the return fare is only €4, the timings are poor as the bus departs at 07.45, despite Armorique arriving 15 minutes later at 8pm - this means the connection is useless! The SNCF timings fit in around the ferry but the price is less appealing - around €11 return! Unfortunately taking a car wouldn't be a viable option for us. On the subject of Morlaix, what is there to do there on a Saturday - will there be cafes and restaurants open? Also, is there a hypermarket within walking distance of the town centre to do some shopping for French food and drink? Thanks for all the help :)

The Morlaix hypermarkers we know (Geant and Leclerc) are way, way out of town, and not at all walkable. It might be best to do your shopping at E Leclerc in St Pol de Leon at the end of the day - quite close and walkable to St Pol centre - then perhaps a taxi back to the ferry from the store with all your purchases. That's only a 3 km journey. In fact I'd find the entire day in and around St Pol and down to the coast there more appealing than Morlaix which never really seems attractive.

You have a point there Western Channel. There's not a lot to see or do in any of them if you are on foot.

So how about breakfast in Roscoff, bus or train to Morlaix for lunch, and same way back to St Pol de Leon for afternoon shopping and evening drinks.

If it were summer I'd suggest a walk and a picnic around the island of Batz - but not in February.

You have a point there Western Channel. There's not a lot to see or do in any of them if you are on foot.

So how about breakfast in Roscoff, bus or train to Morlaix for lunch, and same way back to St Pol de Leon for afternoon shopping and evening drinks.

If it were summer I'd suggest a walk and a picnic around the island of Batz - but not in February.

That sounds like a good itinerary, of course I'll need to research the timetables to see if it will work out but hopefully it would be a great day out. Thanks for the ideas, Happy New Year :)

Saturday is market day in Morlaix, worth a visit specially the food market, get a real taste of France.

Our favourite restuarant is th Pomme d'Api in St Pol, good service, great food. On foot, as others have said, in Morlaix, the hypermarches are too far out. There is a medium sized Le Clerc at St Pol, if you want supermarket shopping. I have found Saturday market in Morlaix in Feb to be a little sparse at times , but still a great place to get the true atmosphere of La vie Francaise. Also, it closes by about 1230 in the winter months. Still worth the trip just to be there

Our favourite restuarant is th Pomme d'Api in St Pol, good service, great food. On foot, as others have said, in Morlaix, the hypermarches are too far out. There is a medium sized Le Clerc at St Pol, if you want supermarket shopping. I have found Saturday market in Morlaix in Feb to be a little sparse at times , but still a great place to get the true atmosphere of La vie Francaise. Also, it closes by about 1230 in the winter months. Still worth the trip just to be there

That sounds interesting :) It sounds like I'll need to go to Morlaix in the morning if I want to visit the market then! There is a reasonable size supermarket in Roscoff too, albeit not a hypermaket so I could stock up on supplies there in the afternoon :)

When in Morlaix, both on a Weekday and on a Saturday we have caught a bus to the Casion hypermarket. They were very frequent and around 1 Euro each way. I think it was the number 1

Suggestions To Make Your Travel Easier

Your adventures with travel don't really need to be the horror stories that so many people you realize have probably mentioned. So many people are able to find for their destination, experience their trip are available home without a great deal being a single negative event. This article will offer you more ideas of the best way to ensure that this is basically the way it is going to suit your needs at the same time. Consider eating on the public market if you are traveling. These markets have loads of fresh food that was grown locally. It is possible to eat various dishes which you might not have black toms shoes had the opportunity to discover otherwise, and your meals are notoriously inexpensive. Furthermore you will get the chance to discover and find out about the culture of your area. When you plan to travel, make an effort to estimate the fee for fuel before you leave. There are many websites that can help you calculate the expense of fuel. You can use websites to get the cheapest gas within a certain area. It is always a good idea toms shoes free shipping to get an estimate of how much you will be spending in fuel. It will save you more cash to utilize on your own trip by comparing all prices available for all of your expenses. Search online or ask friends should they recognize any deals for your location you wish to journey to. You might also wish to travel in the week to minimize flight and hotel prices giving you additional money black toms shoes to invest exploring. Consider different modes of transportation. The bus system is not as it was once. You can aquire a great price for travel and the buses are clean, many have free wifi and electrical outlets and several other perks. You can get package deals from some lines to produce your travel planning for a cinch. Ensuring your vacation goes off without having a hitch and you have a wonderful time, irrespective of in case your trip is for business or travel is the aim of this informative article. If you implement whatever you read here you ought to have a great, calm, uneventful trip the next occasion you leave town.black toms shoes

Planning A Vacation Anywhere Without The Help Of A Local Travel Agent

Travel is a good possibility to begin to see the world and learn more about other cultures or maybe to view what life is like in another a part of your country. Just like any activity, however, there is something that you can do to help make the experience more enjoyable and cozy. This article should allow you to decide where to start and provide on your trip. Volunteer traveling. Many charities now offer volunteers the ability to travel abroad at no cost in-exchange for efforts and work on the destination. These trips can last from a couple of weeks black toms shoes to some year or longer, and the work could involve, building local schools, constructing water wells, doing work in orphanages, fundraisering and even more. Before going on a road trip, make sure you have your car's fluids checked (oil, coolant, brake fluid, ATF, windshield washer etc.) This not just helps you save time by lacking to do it sometime in the trip, but it can also enable you to avoid disastrous stalls as you go along. There is nothing worse than being stuck in the center of the street black toms shoes faraway from an auto shop throughout a road trip. Pack only what you know you can expect to use while you are going on vacation. Make a list and become realistic of the things you are likely to do. Check weather reports while you are packing for your days ahead what your location is free shipping toms shoes going to. When you go on a cruise or tour, will not take the insurance made available from the corporation that organized the trip. They could overcharge you or offer coverage for things they understand usually are not prone to happen. Always look for an insurance made available from another company so that you will are covered for might actually happen on your trip. As you can see from your above list of tips, traveling are often very memorable, informative and fun when you know what you can do before you go on your trip. After following these guidelines, you are going to no longer be new to everyone of travel, however, you may become an traveling expert.toms shoes free shipping

From The Beaten Path: Great Advice For Authentic Travel

Getting a family trip is a good time to bond, but long travel times could make even most patient children antsy. This might lead to unnecessary bickering along with a damper around the family fun. This post will help ease a number of the travel-time tension by giving you a few ideas to maintain your children entertained during the entire whole trip. When packing clothes for the trips, only pack whatever you know you need. When your trips are over 3 weeks, you must anticipate toms outlet shoes needing to wash while at your destinations. Regardless, you can minimize clothes by packing ones which are multi-purpose, like clothing which you can use for day wear and sleepwear. Plan your day-to-day activities before you leave for your destination. By planning ahead, you simply will not feel overwhelmed every day figuring out what to do. Look online for activities cheetah toms of course, if required, create your reservations of these activities ahead of time. This makes certain that daily should go as planned! Have a photo of the luggage in advance. This makes it easier to identify your bag in case it gets lost. Many components of luggage look similar, and it will be difficult to toms shoes outlet keep in mind the highlights of your bag which make it different. Also, when you are traveling internationally, an international clerk may not understand English but they'll understand an image. If you are intending traveling, make certain you understand the local laws and obey them. In case you are away from your area probably the laws will vary, and ignorance does not always mean the court systems shows sympathy. You will discover a common saying "While in Rome do as being the Romans do". The tips you just learned is a good starting place when considering better ways for you to go about traveling. When you're actually out traveling then all you want to be concerned about is having fun, so be searching for more traveling tips that could relieve your worries when considering traveling.cheetah toms

I am looking for early transportation from Roscoff to Morlaix on saturday 30th August.

I found this schedule on the website of the local bus company about "ligne 29":

http://www.viaoo29.fr/ftp/FR_documents/L29_E_2014.pdf

with two buses at 7am and 7.50 pm from Roscoff.

SOmetimes I fear this kind of information may be incomplete or not too up-to-date.

Can anyone confirm the existence of these bus connection?

Thank you so much

Stardust

Confusingly, there are two bus services between Roscoff and Morlaix. Route 29 is part of the Penn-ar-Bed network and has a flat fare of €2. There are also TER (Train Express Regional) buses run by the SNCF for which you pay the train fare of €5.50. Neither service is frequent. The times of both services are on the Breizhgo website.