Does this only happen to me??!!

Kaz

Two of my work colleagues are, as we speak, aboard the Barfleur returning from Cherbourg. No doubt they probably saw the Val out there too? The sea has been like a millpond and the sun has been shining, and I have been moping all day wishing that I was there!! Have I 'lost the plot?!!' Can any of you relate to this lost feeling?!!? I dream about ferries nearly every night! My friends think I am completely crazy!! Reassurance please!! :'(

I think I need to book another BF trip... maybe this will be the cure....... ::)

Re:Does this only happen to me??!!

Kaz,

Me also, I have been impassioned by the ferries for 11 years now.

It there with full with posters on the ferries which are fixed on the walls of my room.

Each day and each night, I think of the ferries.

It is for that that everyone calls me Yann Ferries.

Fortunately that the disease of passion for the ferries cured not ;D

Yann Ferries

Re:Does this only happen to me??!!

You are not the only one.

I am living in Germany, near the French border, and about 4 weeks ago, I was going to Calais for a weekend, to meet some nice people whom I know - well, to say so got to know them via the P&O forum ;) and to do ferry trips of course. Especially to do ferry trips, as I was longing for this. It was also not cheap to go there but thought it would "last" for a while, and I thought I´d stop longing for ferry trips for a while.

But, now it´s even not 4 weeks ago and I am getting restless again, longing for a ferry trip and one from Zeebrugge to Hull onboard the Pride of York is booked. Can´t wait, to spend a WHOLE weekend onboard a ferry, and also walk along the coastline, take photos of other ferries etc.

Strange, why is one longing for more, and more after having some already ? If it´s REALLY addictive, then there should be a warning about this on the ferrycompany´s homepages ! :D :D :D

Ferrydreams.. yes, those - but luckily just every now and then, too. One, in which I was about to go onboard the Pride of Kent and just when I was in terminal, it was leaving, and another - just an ordinary trip onboard Finnjet, nothng special but, far far better than dreaming of something else :D

Archived