Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rogerpatenall

Eleis Shopping Centre

Having been critical of the architecture of this centre elsewhere in the forum, I have to say that the view of it looking across the inner harbour is not out of place at all. By the way, it opened on Thursday, 2nd May.

Re: Eleis Shopping Centre

What a pity the Cherbourg port authority hasn't reopened the original ferry terminal building alongside Passerelle 6 for daytrippers on NEx or BARFLEUR, or have they? I'd guess you couldn't miss it from there.

Re: Eleis Shopping Centre

Wonder how they are getting on with the other development opposite? Think that area is going to look a lot different, and a lot better once it had been finished.

Better go and see for myself, then...

Walking round there on Thursday it is definitely a very bustling place now, all the units seem to be used and open and they are landscaping the area around with seating areas and tree planting. Thriving skate park nearby. Noticed a group of vagrants sitting around nearby with dogs, bit like home really, except the French ones weren't obnoxious and abusive, they were just chatting amongst themselves. Eleis is quite a thriving place now.