Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Who are you?... (Introduce yourself)

Re: Who are you?... (Introduce yourself)

Hi all. I have looked at these forums for years but never joined as one hasn't sailed the western channel since childhood, nor will I be crossing the channel any time soon. With the closure of Dover ferry forums I have decided to sign up. I never posted much on the Dover Forums as I live hundreds of miles away and made the short crossings from Dover very rarely...however, I have always found the news and topics on Dover forums and Bfe forums very interesting to keep up with. Thankyou for having me. :)

Hi my name is Wayne Pritchard

I'm new on this site I live in Dover and I have a interests in ferry my first ferry I went on was P&O lion it was a raining day

Thankyou for having me. :)

Alright, we'll take you then ;) Feel free to post as much or as little as you like!

Welcome to all of our new members by the way :)

Name: Adam (that one wasn't top hard to figure out!)

Occupation: Just started an internship working as an assistant project manager at a translation agency.

Lives in: Paris, France for the moment, Exeter when at university, and rural Gloucestershire when at home.

In my spare time: Travelling, languages, football (watching, can't play to save a life!), good quality cider

Countries visited (in no particular order): UK, France, Spain, Belgium.

Last ferry journey: Mont St Michel on Caen - Portsmouth last year, lovely crossing!

Next ferry journey: Not planned for the moment.

Hi my name is Wayne Pritchard

I'm new on this site I live in Dover and I have a interests in ferry my first ferry I went on was P&O lion it was a raining day

The 'Silver Lining' to your cloudy, rainy day was travelling on Normandy Ferries/P&O ferries finest vessel :)

Den

Hi, not really a new member, perhaps a lapsed one, but with the closure of the Dover Ferry Forum site thought I would "jump ship"- sorry 8-) and swim this way. So...

Name: Allan

ReineAstrid on other sites in honour of the RMT Ostend ferries - the original "Racehorses" of the Channel.

Lives in: Orpington, Kent

In my spare time: I don't seem to have much .. but, gardening, music, steam trains, travel and doing anything with my two grand daughters. Interested in aircraft and liners, particularly in the QE2 which in my humble opinion is one of the greatest liners every produced.

Countries visited (in no particular order): Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Croatia, Spain, Gibraltar, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Morocco, USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Dubai no wonder I don't have much time!!!

Last ferry journey: Dover-Calais-Dover for a day trip in March on P&O, usually use DFDS to Dunkirk but they have gotten expensive of late.

Next ferry journey: Probably Dover-Calais next month.

Re: Who are you?... (Introduce yourself )

Hi all. My name is John l am a recently retired train driver living in the Dover area. l use ferries to travelf to Belgium to satisfy my tobbaco craving. My most recent trip was on the Spirit of France returning on the Pride of Kent l have a interest in the Nor Par De Calais as l used to load and unload frieght wagons on her and the earlier train ferries.i look forward to reading and posting on the site.

Introducing myself....

Well hi guys I am Z Stripe,

I have had a keen interest in Britany Ferries since the 'glory days' of the early 90's onwards - my name is of course in homage to 'Bretagne' in my opinion the definition of what Brittany Ferries is all about:

Longevity, class,beauty, luxury and efficiency.

Anyway just thought I'd say hi and I look forward to posting :-)

Regards,

Z Stripe

Re: Introducing myself....

in my opinion the definition of what Brittany Ferries is all about:

Longevity, class,beauty, luxury and efficiency.

Very true...it does sum up the BF brand very well.

You could say that BF are the Apple of the ferry world.

Or the pear, depending on which your favourite is.....(L)(L)(L)

From Cape Breton, Canada

Have spent 30 plus years with Marine Atlantic Inc. as Assistant Terminal Manager.

Company operates 4 Ro-Pax vessels between Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

Leif Ericson = former Stena Challenger

Atlantic Vision = former Superfast IX

Blue Puttees = former Stena Trader

Highlanders = former Stena Traveller

Thanks for allowing me to join your group.

Kasco

Name: Ken

Background: 30 years in journalism / PR / radio / TV / web

Most recently: with City Cruises plc on the River Thames

Lives: on the Thames Path in Woolwich, S London – view from the front door is the ferry and Thames Barrier.

Favourite trip: Santander on Pont Aven

Most recent: Ouistreham on Normandie, September 2013

Visited: Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Malta, Greece, US and Canada that I can think of just now. My TripAdvisor profile lists 207 cities but the real total is more than that – every time I look I remember somewhere else.

All the above is in the public domain – I recently had an email invitation to a reunion from someone I last worked with in about 1975. In his phrase "what would our work have been like if we had the internet in those days".

Hello

I am slightly ashamed to say I have only just seen this forum even though I have been travelling on various BF ships for nearly 30 years and must have used various ships over 75-80 times and happy to say I have been on all of the current fleet. Although less successful is my attempt to get the wife to buy that house in France!!

I hope I will enjoy my time here as much as I love the BF travel experience to and from France and Spain.

It's the only way to travel.........

Regards and thanks

exonian

Name: Simon

Occupation: Sales and marketing manager for a company that manufactures components for the electrics industry. I work from home, but I can be found in all parts of the UK and western Europe for work.

Lives: Portishead, pretty much on the marina here

In my spare time: I enjoy international travel, cooking, motorsport, fitness.

Countries visited (in no particular order): USA (extensively), Mexico, South Africa, Qatar, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Greece, Turkey, France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Holland, Italy, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Ireland

Last ferry journey: BF from Caen on my way back from southern France in September. Over the years, have been on some 50+ cross channel crossing incl Med sailings and Baltic routes with Brittany Ferries, Condor, Commadore, LD, Norfolk Line, P&O, Seafrance, SNCF, Stena (incl Scandinavian routes), Sealink British Ferries, Color Line, SNCM, Moby Lines, Wightlink, Redfunnel.

Next ferry journey: Either next week from Southampton to Cowes, or a St.Malo crossing around Christmas time.

Favourite Ferries (past and present): Bretagne, DDN, Goelo, Corse (SNCM)

Favourite Ferry Company: Brittany Ferries (by a LONG shot)!

'Why' Questions

Hi All,

I've been looking through BFE, yet again today, only to find I hadn't really introduced myself. So I'm Xarisha Hudson, I'm 12 years old and I live in Melbourne, Australia would you believe. I'm the one who revived that ancient Spirit of Tasmania thread and I'm a big fan of 'Why' questions. I've put some of my own questions about BF here (Mainly CF ;) and if you have any other why questions don't hesitate to put them here.

Q. Why does everybody seem to be let down by CF?

Q. Why do they make CF live the typical wasted former Superfast ship life by not letting passengers on for some crossings?

Q. Why isn't Sveti Stefan recognised a lot these days, she was a big part of my story

Welcome Xarisha - know you from Facebook. Remember Nex and her smelly exhausts in Cherbourg, lol - I'm Brigitte. Sure many here will answer a lot of your questions!!

That's funny, I don't actually remember you. I often worry that the four votes CF got on a poll were all mine. But I don't think so, actually!

Re: 'Why' Questions

Hi All,

I've been looking through BFE, yet again today, only to find I hadn't really introduced myself. So I'm Xarisha Hudson, I'm 12 years old and I live in Melbourne, Australia would you believe. I'm the one who revived that ancient Spirit of Tasmania thread and I'm a big fan of 'Why' questions. I've put some of my own questions about BF here (Mainly CF ;) and if you have any other why questions don't hesitate to put them here.

Q. Why does everybody seem to be let down by CF?

I think people travelling to Spain use the Pont Aven which is a superior vessel, the Cap by all accounts doesn't offer such high standards - issues with restaurants, dogs etc.

Also she is not a 'home made' BF vessel and was acquired by surprise by many. In many peoples eyes she is not a traditional ''Brittany Ferry.'

Q. Why do they make CF live the typical wasted former Superfast ship life by not letting passengers on for some crossings?

Not too sure about this one.

Q. Why isn't Sveti Stefan recognised a lot these days, she was a big part of my story

By all accounts, through no fault of her own, she was very poorly maintained (internally) by Montenegro Lines and maybe her predecessors and thus was not popular amongst those who travelled on her. This blog + photos mauy explain more:

http://brucepeter.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/sveti-stefan-ii-and-montenegro.html

Anyway these thoughts and opinions are my own only, hope this helped.

Re: 'Why' Questions

It's actually so that she's not wasted - it's to ensure that the revenue is maximised by ensuring the limited space is filled with higher-fare vehicle drivers.

Thank you so much, I'm probably mad. After all I am the biggest Superfast fan in the world. Matt Murtland also has a great post on Sveti Stefan.

And I always thought that about Superfast! Btw the last 4 words in the quote you quoted sum up not only Bretagne but the Superfast ship of this world Cap Finistére yo...ain't nothing gon' stop me yo

Yeah, #iliveinmelbourneyo