Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gareth

Dover Forum Reunited

Just thought I'd take the opportunity, now that the Dover forum has closed down, to start a thread to give former members of that forum the chance to check in with each other here. Whether you have long been a member of BFE, or whether you have just joined because of the Dover closure, this is a place to say hello, who you were over on the Dover forum, and register your commitment to keeping that great community going within this also excellent forum.

I am (obviously) Gareth, have been on both fora for as long as I care to remember, was Gareth on the Dover forum for most of that time until an account glitch caused me to re-register over there as Viking Venturer earlier this year. Some great people over on the Dover forums, with lot of quality insight into and information about Dover ferry matters, and I hope as many of them as possible will continue those discussions here. If you're one of them, why not post in this thread to say hello?

Re: Dover Forum Reunited

Hello from Holland,

I read the Dover Forum daily and posted some items (model ferries, etc). It was very bad, but understandable, news the Dover Forum closed. I hope all the (historical) pictures will be saved and get available soon to view. I also hope we can go on with Dover Strait news (specially Ostend Spirit) and pictures on this wonderful forum and Dover members will unite here.

Best regards, A.J. van Gelder (Adrian)

Hello all again!!

Paul Smith here, long time member of BFE & DFPF, living in the South West, with Plymouth to the west & Poole & Portsmouth to the east!! Only occasional use of Brittany Ferries these days I'm sorry to say, recently on Mont St Michel & Barfleur for my holidays. As I write this I'm parked in Lane 64 at Dover Ferryport, waiting to board Delft Seaways to Dunkerque. Sorry that DFPF has gone, but we'll all keep in touch, somehow!!

Best wishes, Paul S.

I've posted as Racco79 in the Dover Forums, just added it to my sig, been a member of BFE for a few years.

Ok, so that's four of us then! Pity, thought it might have been more than that.

Very quiet in here isn't it, almost as if the Dover arena itself has given up giving us anything to talk about with the demise of its Forum!

Where did that suddenly come from? First I've heard of that.

I set it up before Ray closed DFP forum to keep things going. Feel free to join up, you are more than welcome (as is everyone).

Not designed to "replace" the excellent DFP forum but more to keep the discussions going, and hopefully it can continue to cover the Eastern Channel area and compliment the excellent forum here on BFE!

I used to be on the Dover Forum under the same name, I'll join the other site aswell now.

Where did that suddenly come from? First I've heard of that.

First I've heard of it too. Hopefully, now joined again.

Does anyone know of a problem on this site?, cant get on or contact anyone re log in .

Peter - your definately not banned :D! - I have dropped you a PM and we will get it sorted out!

Rich Warwicker - myself or Paul manually approve all membership requests to prevent spam problems; this is not an instant process unfortunately as we are not always online. We always endeavour to approve requests at the earliest opportunity and usually this is within a couple of hours.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you encounter any issues

Hi - I have joined up too on the other forum.

Hope to have a week in either January or February riding four crossings per day as a foot passenger. Will post the dates as soon as I get some £1 fares etc.

Russell

down again? for good? Hardly any traffic there anyway.

They can hardly be surprised. The Dover Ferry Enthusiasts forum that was set up to take its place is doing very well and there was not much reason for the former membership if DFP, which migrated en masse to DFE, to go back again. Especially (a) after how they were treated on DFP and (b) the scant publicity the revived DFP forum received.