Hi All,

Does anyone know what is happening with Larkspur? I've had many fond memories of this ferry as a child (Then known as Sally Sky on the Ramsgate - Dunkirk route) and luckily for me on 1st & 3rd Feb 13 as Larkspur.

Would be very sad if it was broken up like the Dover & Calais/OS.

All I can see is that Larkspur is now Larks :( Sounds like its going to Turkey! as they seem to only rename/shorten names for that reason!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CaptainPugwash

Re: Larkspur

Hide the identity so not advertising one of their old ships going to its grave.

Not sure why they would bother in this case, as the name doesn't reflect on the current owner (oilchart) in the same way that po didn't care about the name os. Whereas their "own" ships always have the name changed for the reason adicat says.

• 2 weeks later...

Larks/Larkspur's AIS is showing Oost/Ram/Oost with arrival on 17/02/14 at 18.30, which I know the destination has been the same since she was laid up by TEF, however, why would the date be updated?

Has Enrst actually pulled something out of his #### and is going to make us all eat alot of humble pie perhaps? (L)

Guest CaptainPugwash

I need to put out an urgent request for assistance from members of this forum. I have lost something really important to me. It can occasionally be seen at a ferry port.

It is MY WILL TO LIVE and I ask other members to be on the look out for it. I don't know where it is, but it left me when I read the comment above and hasn't come back.

I need to put out an urgent request for assistance from members of this forum. I have lost something really important to me. It can occasionally be seen at a ferry port.

It is MY WILL TO LIVE and I ask other members to be on the look out for it. I don't know where it is, but it left me when I read the comment above and hasn't come back.

I think it may have sunk yesterday evening. Have you tried Mr D Jones. I believe he has a locker do you think it might be in there perhaps?:)

Mine went a while ago, surprised yours lasted as long as it did :)

Guest CaptainPugwash

I am naturally a realistic pessimist that optimistically hopes for the best.

Guest senlac73

I have to agree with Peter in expressing surprise that Captain Pugwash has managed to retain his will to live for so long. While I am far from being the most prolific of contributors, I lost the plot well before Christmas and this is the first time I have logged in since.

Guest CaptainPugwash

what have several of the last comments ,to d about the destiny of Larkspur,

the final destiny is not fixed yet, as I understand on the owner there will come some news in the next days

I for one can not wait! I love news "...in the next [few] days."

what have several of the last comments ,to d about the destiny of Larkspur,

the final destiny is not fixed yet, as I understand on the owner there will come some news in the next days

Im afraid you bring it out in us !8-)

Guest CaptainPugwash

Not being sarcastic are you ?

Yes. Very much so.

Mr Skip... what do you know that we do not. Spill the beans if you would be so good. Has Larkspur been bought and munkboat euroferries are starting tomorrow morning?

No I have not purchased Larkspur or Gardenia,but they are maybe close to be sold to others

I can not see anything funny in the comments and we risk also this thread

will be closed,because comments which have nothing to do with Larkspur

Guest CaptainPugwash

Yes it does. Mr Skip implied (or at least I inferred as much) that their destiny is already sealed. I then asked him whether he had any information [as opposed to speculation].

If that isn't about larkspur and gardenia, I'm not sure what is. There is nothing wrong also with speculation that two non-companies might STILL be trying to acquire them. The suggestion that they might try does not imply that they ever will, I might add.